Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Keep an eye out...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BMXerror
Not that this is really the community in which to share this information, but it's a community of tight knit, vigilante badasses, so I may as well share. My brother, who was up at his inlaws throughout the holidays came home to a ransacked house. The abbreviated version is that they stole $22k worth of electronics, guns, musical and recording equipment, plus my brother's car.... Oh, and a pack of 3 year old Ramen noodles (F-in drug addicts). WTF.gif Anyways, the Police have been mostly worthless so far (they didn't even dust for prints), and the family is hunting for equipment. If y'all could keep an eye out as well, it would be appreciated.
On to the pertinent information, my brother lives in California City, Ca. So those in the Lancaster/Palmdale and Tehachapi areas should take special note, though these items can find their way anywhere in the country. The car is a bright Yellow 2002 Miata LS. That's the only color the LS came in that year, and I think they only made 260-some cars. The car has about 125k miles on it. It's got a Tan top and interior, manual trans, and has some paint peeling on the rear spoiler.
Click to view attachment
The other thing that they stole that may be traceable is his custom ordered Carvin guitar. It's a Carvin DC727, which is a 7 string model. It has a Quilted green burst to black finish, and Gold plated hardware. It has a Floyd Rose tremelo with locking tuners (NOT a locking nut).
This picture sucks, but it's all I can find at the moment.
Click to view attachment
Not optimistic about you guys finding anything, but more eyes is better, and any help is appreciated. Please PM me with any leads. I'm on here every day. Thanks in advance. beerchug.gif
Mark D.
mittelmotor
Hi Mark,

So sorry to hear the news. If I'm ever out by Willow Springs, I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.

Happy new year, BTW. I'm going to try and make an El Toro auto-x or two this year, only with the 914. Any progress on yours?

--Doug
carr914
That Sucks!

Carvins are nice - I had a Natural Maple
silver74insocal
sorry to hear this neighbor...keep your eyes peeled on craigslist and i will do the same. good luck
euro911
Sucks Big Time, fuching thieves mad.gif

Check the local pawn shops too
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.