Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 19mm Brake Master Cylinder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Spoke
I'm looking for a 19mm brake master cylinder.

I've seen them on Stoddard and PP for >$250.

I ran across the (seemingly) same MC for a lot less.

What's the deal with these lower priced MCs?

Part number is 911 355 012 02

Autoparts Warehouse:
MC for $77.32

Amazon:
MC for $69.07

Ebay:
MC for $92.75

Stoddard:
MC for $308
scotty b
dont forget this jackoff

http://www.pmbperformance.com/catalog/item...563/4747837.htm

Scratch that. I actually looked at the cheap ones. They are new URO. They're cheap aftermarket copies. The higher priced ones are genuine ATE. The proper ones that came on the cars. Don't cheap out on your brakes, others lives depend on them
SirAndy
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 7 2013, 11:44 AM) *
They're cheap aftermarket copies. The higher priced ones are genuine ATE. The proper ones that came on the cars. Don't cheap out on your brakes, others lives depend on them

agree.gif
Mikey914
Not to say that aftermarket is bad, but take a look at what you are buying, why is there such a price diference? I suspect the URO version is chinese made, and if it were somthing like a wheel cap, I'd think about it, but sometimes you do get what you pay for. I'm sure that if Eric thought they were good he would offer them as an option, afterall it would cost him less to have inventory also.
Just my .02
SLITS
URO is Chinese. Their warehouse was out of Camarillo, CA. I used two of them though I have heard some others had a bad experience with them.

When I bought them (some time ago), the only complaint I had was the feed line rubbers and lack of washers underneath them. I used the old rubbers and washers off the old ATE. Haven't had any problems in 3 years.

Maybe I am just lucky.
913B
Sorry for slight de-rail of topic. How can you tell the genuine from the cheapie ones, look for ATE logo on the body, but couldn't they cast the name on their knock offs too.
SLITS
QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ Jan 7 2013, 12:31 PM) *

Sorry for slight de-rail of topic. How can you tell the genuine from the cheapie ones, look for ATE logo on the body, but couldn't they cast the name on their knock offs too.

Not legally ..........
Tom_T
IMHO stick with ATE & get them from Eric/PMB or Jonathan/GPR or another reputable source if closer to you is preferred.

IIRC the Porsche dealers still carry the 19mm ATE's since it's also on the 911s/912s/930s & you can use the 20% PCA member discount there too.

Eric's price looks pretty good at $235...
popcorn[1].gif
Cap'n Krusty
Seems to me GPR had 'em on special a week or 2 back.

The Cap'n
Eric_Shea
I'm not a hater but... I'm still sticking with ATE only right now. Heard of too many failures. It may change moving forward but. This is brakes we be talking aboot.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 7 2013, 04:22 PM) *

I'm not a hater but... I'm still sticking with ATE only right now. Heard of too many failures. It may change moving forward but. This is brakes we be talking aboot.

Yeah, and what do you know about brakes....,Brake Boy?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.