Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash face/applique
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThePaintedMan
Hey guys,
One of our new members, who happens to be fairly close to me has some parts for sale and he has the metal dash face/applique that gets double-sided taped to the dash frame. This is the piece which gets covered with the basketweave material on the front of the dash. My question is, how many pieces should this thing be? Does the glovebox have its own separate piece as well? Or does the basketweave just get bonded to the front of the glovebox? This is for a 1973.

Thanks,
George
7TPorsh
Later years with dash vents:

One piece left of the steering, then another from wheel to radio hole. One for the radio hole. One for the glovebox.

So 4
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jan 8 2013, 11:39 AM) *

Later years with dash vents:

One piece left of the steering, then another from wheel to radio hole. One for the radio hole. One for the glovebox.

So 4

Gotta love this place! Thanks Gary!
7TPorsh
aktion035.gif
Griffinroydonald
I still have a roll of Basket weave material to cover the dash if you need it.
3-M Spray works very well.
Rob-O
Actually, 3 pieces. The part left of the steering wheel has a small tab that is welded to the piece on the right side of the steering wheel. Then one for the radio and one for the glove box door.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.