Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Long repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gendent
I am about to fire up the kerosene heater in the shop to start the renovation of what was to be my car, now to be my son's car. Is it necessary/easier/ better to remove the engine prior to repairing the longs? I can see that if I need to repair the firewall and associated structures the question is moot. Out it comes. The "hell hole" and proximal structures have been repaired.

Jim
brant
easier and probably mandatory
sfrenck
My lazy way was to buy a roller that didn't need rust repair and swap everything over from the rusty one.

If I was on the west coast it would have been a wash pricewise (haven't made up the $1k transportation cost yet by selling off extra parts).
rjames
QUOTE(gendent @ Jan 9 2013, 09:10 AM) *

I am about to fire up the kerosene heater in the shop to start the renovation of what was to be my car, now to be my son's car. Is it necessary/easier/ better to remove the engine prior to repairing the longs? I can see that if I need to repair the firewall and associated structures the question is moot. Out it comes. The "hell hole" and proximal structures have been repaired.

Jim

Totally depends on where and how extensive the repairs are. Show us pictures.
gendent
I will post pictures this weekend once it is up on the stands.
Thanks for the response so far.

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.