Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rubber seals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal914
can any one tell me how good 914rubber.com seals are and where is the best place to buy seals for my 1970 914
whatabout1
I would say they are great. Better then OEM.

I'll let Mike say where's best.
bandjoey
Better than original and a good guy too.
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jan 9 2013, 04:04 PM) *

Better than original and a good guy too.

agree.gif
02loftsmoor
I have had very prompted service from 914rubber AAA+
rhodyguy
914rubber is the place to go. i'm sure mark (mikey914) can help you out. he has other specialty items other than just seals.
balljoint
They are not as expensive as the factory ones. But they are also not the same as the factory seals.
914pwer
very nice rubber

Click to view attachment
porschefile2010
I have recently replaced nearly all the rubber in my 75 with Mark's mouldings and would have to say they were A1. Easy to fit and seem to do the job just fine.
porschefile2010
Would also add for overseas buyers that Mark sends them quickly and cost effectively. Freight charges were realistic.
gunny
First place I look when I want rubber and other items.
lonewolfe
I have purchased quite a few items from Mark including rubber seals and have been more than happy with everything I've purchased. Mark is a great guy too and a pleasure to do business with. I'm sure there is agreement from all his cusotmers you'll find here on 914 World.

QUOTE(cal914 @ Jan 9 2013, 12:55 PM) *

can any one tell me how good 914rubber.com seals are and where is the best place to buy seals for my 1970 914

Mikey914
Thanks guys,
I appreciate the props. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
And he's not a bad guy to have lunch with either... chowtime.gif

I've got just about everything Mark makes on my car with the exception of the Saratoga top reproduction. My wife doesn't want me getting that much sun! blink.gif Trust me on this, if Mark isn't happy with it. It isn't for sale.
wndsnd
I agree, Mark is the go to guy. 914Rubber.com

I have a complete seal kit from him, light grills, center console, etc.

I would use him first for all his advertised products.

John
ThePaintedMan
+1 for Mark. On top of obliterating the prices that other *ahem* vendors sell their stuff for, the quality is fantastic, he almost always gives you "extra" length so you can cut to fit, and he works with your budget, which was very important for me.
JRust
He makes a great product & on average sells it to cheap. How the guy makes any money I don't know. It's got to be one of his other jobs that does it. All the R & D get's spendy. Mark is a great addition to our community & in making parts for our cars biggrin.gif . Keep it up my friend but don't keep taking it in the shorts on some of your projects. All of us are realistic & are willing to pay for quality products. Which you make so make sure you cover yourself. We want you around making these parts for a long time. Make it profitable as well as a labor of wub.gif
walterolin
Mark makes nice stuff, prices are certainly reasonable, and he gets it on the way promptly. And he is happy to talk to you.

If you are doing a major restoration, don't buy piece meal like I did, bite the bullet and get his combination kit.

Walter Olin
billh1963
QUOTE(balljoint @ Jan 9 2013, 04:49 PM) *

They are not as expensive as the factory ones. But they are also not the same as the factory seals.

Much wisdom here ... biggrin.gif

CptTripps
I was thinking of buying the AA kit for replacing all the rubber, and remembered this thread. Just placed an order for the 914rubber kit instead.
Mikey914
Part of my secret is my QC department that thoroughly tests the product.
Mikey914
Actually, I continue to improve the product. An example would be the door handle isolators. I originally waterjet cut these from sheet material. They worked, but were not as nice as the OEM part. I now mold these to be like OEM. Another example is the rear targa seals I'm doing on group buy. I make a foam seal version that works, and seals, but I will be making one like OEM, a lot less than OEM, but it will be hard to the difference and at 75% less than OEM, well you get the idea.

I do want to thank everyone for your support, I may not make a bunch of cash, but I cover the bills and enjoy solving problems.

-Mark
Rleog
And we're very grateful for your ethics.
Thanks

beerchug.gif
ThePaintedMan
agree.gif I have been grateful from the very first thing I ordered from you Mark, back when I didn't know anything about these cars.

I know you don't make much, and that you definitely could raise prices some to make more. I expect that you will eventually, and I honestly think you should. For the time being though, you're building a customer base that will be with you for here on out. I wonder how much more business you'd pick up if you started doing 911,912, 924/944 stuff? Not that you need more on your plate smile.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Oct 13 2013, 06:55 AM) *

agree.gif I have been grateful from the very first thing I ordered from you Mark, back when I didn't know anything about these cars.

I know you don't make much, and that you definitely could raise prices some to make more. I expect that you will eventually, and I honestly think you should. For the time being though, you're building a customer base that will be with you for here on out. I wonder how much more business you'd pick up if you started doing 911,912, 924/944 stuff? Not that you need more on your plate smile.gif

I'm actually doing some contract work for 911 and 356 stuff.

Whitesell Architectural Supply (my parent company) will be changing it's name to Whitesell Design Group. This will allow me to spin off the Architectural products and do more design work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.