Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suggestion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ws91420
How about someone who knows how to do it set up something on the East coast like the WCCC? I keeping seeing all the things going on out west and I want in on the fun. From where I'm at there is VIR, Summit Point, Charlotte, and RIR. And before anybody gets any smart ideas no I don't want to be that person . clap56.gif
machina
I'll just throw this out there, but how about a meet at the Sebring 48 hours in February?

If anyone doesn't know, its the kickoff for the PCA season and there are hundreds of porsche club racing cars there.

I'll be racing, maybe some other members as well...
Brett W
How about something in Huntsville or Atlanta. Much closer than Sebring and we could do Barber or something at Road Atlanta, or Nashville or little talledega. Or maybe Helen GA and run some of the mountains up there. What about Fontana Dam area? That would let people run the Tail of the Dragon.
Brad Roberts
Kickass.. somebody is reading "our" minds..

We are quietly discussing the need for a east coast admin (one in the north and one in the south)

It needs to be someone who shares the same passion as my current list of admins. Somebody who knows their way around a computer and knows the 914's...

Any suggestions ??

Any volunteers ??

This person will help cooridinate gatherings/events along with the other admins...

B
McMark
How do they always know what we're talking about/thinking? confused24.gif

laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
I *think* (would like to think) that we have some pretty damn smart people visiting this board.

B
Part Pricer
I tried to get some interest going a while ago in this thread about an East Coast Classic. The response was...lukewarm.

It seems like people would go if it was in their back yard. I, on the other hand, would go almost anywhere on the East Coast. But, that did not appear to be the prevailing sentiment.
crash914
You got to remember, we would all love to go to a 914 gathering...it is just....

ALL 914's in the north east are on jackstands!! ohmy.gif

at least mine is...at least a couple of times per year as I keep breaking something....
cooltimes
Saw Tail of the Dragon mentioned.

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/dragon.html

Have the nerves to tackle something that requires driving skills, not just chit chat? This is the place.
It's a twisty road heaven.
Roads are so twisted, you might bump into your own rear going around some.
Helen, GA is cool too. It is Bavarian and that means fun.
beerchug.gif
Brett W
Any event held in North GA, East Tennesse, or Western North Carolina would be great. Maybe early Spring or Mid to late fall. I know Helen has some cool places to stay and eat with some of the best driving all around. The lodge at Fontana acts as a base camp for many car clubs when they go run the Tail of The Dragon. I wouldn't mind doing an event somewhere in the South, but I got no street car right now.
cooltimes
Who needs a car? Drink some of that Bavarian water and just walking a TOTD twisty requires skill.
Watch out for the fuzz though. LOL
type47
last year on 9/14, we had a great Mid-Atlantic Enthusiasts Gathering (hey, cool.... MAEG) at Kerry914's in richmond VA. about 6-7 owners from northern virginia (NOVA/DC/maryland) drove down to meet with others. if you ever see kerry914's avatar, it's a pix from that day. his is one of the 2 ravenna green cars. we (NOVA/DC/MD) tried to get a repeat 9/14 for this year, but it seems that jobs/family/weather and all the other conflicts prevented anything from getting off the ground (planning wise); we could never agree on a place, date.... where everyone could attend... i have been making an email list of people around our area to contact when something gets planned so if you contact me, i'll add you to the list... i do not share the email addresses with anyone and they will not be used except in conjunction with something 914. we have gotten together on sat mornings for breakfasts...
michaelmoo
I think Helen GA would be a great place. It has the small German town look. Check out www.helenga.org. There are some of the best roads in the South in the North Georgia Mountains. I would “help” with it. KEY WORDS HELP NOT PLAN!
Kerrys914
My $.02

I had a nice small event last year in Richmond, VA.. I think there were 10 914's and a few 914 owners showed up in their daily driver. We all had a great time meeting people from the list and eating some good food.

The problem with ECR, just my opinion, is it's too far North every year. I think if it was to bounce around from MA/CT to VA/DC or DE/PA or some other mixture you would get a good turnout each year. If it is always in the north east you will get the same great guys to show up year after year.

If the ECR was in MDor PA, I bet you would have 8 cars from DC area and few from PA and NJ show up. Granted the guys in MA and points North would have along drive but at least you would get new guys involved inthe ECR. Once they see how much fun it is they may be willing to drive a little further the following year.

Cheers and I would love to help with getting a ECR in the MD/PA or ??? area

Thanks for the time
beer.gif beer.gif driving.gif driving.gif
larryp
If I am free (and the car is running) I will come. Even if it is not in my backyard.
cooltimes
Not saying that I can go to any ramble but what sort of FUN goes on in those mentioned ECR places of the past that could compete with those new places suggested.
Another thing. Does the other persons in your 914 life (wife in my case) enjoy these outings or are they just along for the ride? Helen, GA my wife loves as well as Highlands, NC and all points in between that weren't as straight as long as a pencil is. Are opposite partners ever considered when planning a ramble?
seanery
I don't know about rambles, but Classics always take the SO's into consideration.
Ask all the lovely ladies who have joined after attending the WCC, MWC or FFC.
Having the SO's along is so good for our hobby as well as our relationships! biggrin.gif
type47
if SO is so inclined, sure, they are more than welcome. barber dave's wife came to the 9/14 event last year. my wife is NOT so inclined and enjoyed her day w/o the car and me. he even drove from ohio! that would be a little far for me. we had pot luck lunch, BS'ed about our cars, showed them to others that were interested. kerry and i wrote a "tech quiz" for fun. the most fun was the 2 hour caravan down and the 2 hour caravan back home. fun to see 6 914's at speed on the highway..... smile.gif
cooltimes
Missing the point of my question.
What about those that use this as a vacation time with their SO who isn't exactly 914 baggage for the time spent or shared on a ramble. Is their FUN time ever considered in the planning? Maybe the rambles wouldn't appear to be too far to drive to and from and have a couple of hundred people having FUN.
What is FUN?
914 Dancing.
914 singing where you are selected to adlib a popular song and fit the person picked and the car they came in into the adlibbed song.
914 games like blindfolded tag after being spun around with greasy hands and have to keep trying until they tag the person they came with. Moly lube might be better. LOL
Anything to get them involved and knowing why the 914 is FUN outside of being an owner.
slap.gif
Sparky
Gee I guess all of you missed the East Coast Ramble. It's only been happening for about 9 years now. Search the forums....

Mike D.
scotty914
hay if its with in 3 hours of me you can count me in. or hear is an idea every body bring your tools and we can meet at my car and we can work on it and get it on the road.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.