Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rennspd Fiberglass, Yay or Nay?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jasons
Interested in the flares, stock style bumpers(flared), rockers(flared), and so on. Their prices seem almost too good.
retrotech
I just bought, "everything", except flares from Getty.
EXCELLENT!
blk'72
HEy guys Im new here....and very interested about those parts....where do you get them?
bernbomb914
I just put rennspeed stock ft and rear bumpers on and they did not take much adjustment for a good fit. finish is good and they come with the brackets. They take a little shimming and grinding but they look nice. when I get it of the stands I will post pics.

Bernie
Jeroen
I've heard mixed comments on other stuff from Rennspd...
I bought the flared fenders from Rennspd.
They look nice and the layup is good quality, but they need some work.
For me that is not a problem. Biggest reason for choosing them was that they were the only ones that could ship the stuff to my place at reasonable cost.

If I were in the states, I'd get the Getty stuff though.
I don't think I ever heard any bad reports about their stuff.

F/g is not hard to work with, but the time and agrevation you save yourself making f/g parts fit, would be well worth some extra $$$
iamchappy
I had a bad experience with the Rennspeed front gt valance full of cracks, wavey, poor fit. I order through Getty now you get what you pay for.
djm914-6
Does Getty have a website?
machina
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Nov 10 2004, 08:32 AM)
Does Getty have a website?

http://www.gettydesign.com/
jasons
GETTY LINK
nynone4
I'm having fiberglass bumpers and valances fitted to the car from Rennspeed. The fiberglass is nice and thick, but none of the pieces fit well. The rear valance was actually a good 2 inches short on the sides when mounted, necessitating end pieces to make them fit - and it seems the brackets for the bumpers were just glassed on without any thought to alignment. Maybe I just got a bad batch?
Root_Werks
I got F/R stock style bumpers, flares and flared rockers from them. The flares and rockers went right on. The bumpers needed a little work.

Yeah, I think they just glass on the metal mounting brackets. They holes were close, but both mine needed to be shimmed a bit. Not a big deal. The front bumper went right on. The rear needed to be trimmed up a bit. Otherwise, the look great and fit well.

I wanted to get the glass lids next. I think I will too, I have been happy so far.
skline
I have bought lots of stuff from Peter at Rennspeed, I have been very happy with everything I have got from him. Nice things about it is I can just go pick the stuff up, no shipping.
veedubPORSCHEchris
does rennspeed have a website?im looking for a cost efficient replacement for stock front fenders(not the flaired ones)
thanks
chris
seanery
Rennspd.com

I've got fenders, quarters, bumpers, rockers, front valence and door skins from him, gonna get the trunk/hood & targa top to finish off the deal. Mine is a race car, so perfect fit isn't as crucial, although I want it to look nice. biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
Pete is also a very nice guy. That alone is worth dealing with him. Has anyone already purchased/fit lids yet? It is sort of the next thing to do on my list. idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.