Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are these anything special or can I mess with them
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ezbngreen914
I got these center caps with some real 4 bolt/2 liter Fuchs and I'm just wandering if they are anything original or rare... aka would it be wrong to spray paint them or otherwise alter them if my plan for the Fuchs calls for such. I know some terrible stuff has been done to porsches and porsche parts over the years and I'm trying not to be that guy... at least not with out knowing it first beerchug.gif
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(ezbngreen914 @ Jan 9 2013, 09:03 PM) *

I got these center caps with some real 4 bolt/2 liter Fuchs and I'm just wandering if they are anything original or rare... aka would it be wrong to spray paint them or otherwise alter them if my plan for the Fuchs calls for such. I know some terrible stuff has been done to porsches and porsche parts over the years and I'm trying not to be that guy... at least not with out knowing it first beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment sorry 2nd time is a charm
PanelBilly
I say HAND PAINT them. I mean the colors of the crest. I don't think they are anything that couldn't use a new finish and it would be cool to have a set that you did yourself
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jan 9 2013, 10:08 PM) *

I say HAND PAINT them. I mean the colors of the crest. I don't think they are anything that couldn't use a new finish and it would be cool to have a set that you did yourself

I kind of like that idea. I could fill in the low spots without having to be to careful and scrap or sand the high spots of to reveal the metal. I was thinking about flat black wheels with red or blue caps (kind of like the Carrera GT) silver with a red or blue tint. made to look anodized.
racerbvd
Those are off a 924, the 4 lug ones.
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Jan 9 2013, 11:03 PM) *

Those are off a 924, the 4 lug ones.

Looks like its fair game then. beerchug.gif
DBCooper
And they're all plastic, aren't they? And don't fit the Fuchs quite right? A little silicone adhesive will hold them on.
Gint
Paint away! Don't forget to post after pics.
Mikey914
Check the clearance on the front wheel cap witht he wheel installed before you go through the issue of painting them.
ottox914
Agreed. Make sure they fit reasonably well, paint away, and don't forget to show us your handi-work.
Mark Henry
How deep are they from the face of the fuch?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.