Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SO FUN! "scaled down" 914 content.......
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
After owning this body for over 4 years, I finally built it up thanks to Santa! santa_smiley.gif
I think "santa" was a bit concerned that I sold it's big brother in November after 20+ years of ownership.

Picked up the battery/charger and wheels on my way home tonight. Unfortunately I had to order the front end body mounts, but they will be here in a couple of days.

Cant wait to drive it! piratenanner.gif driving.gif
Gustl
very cool smilie_pokal.gif

I've got (3) nice looking bodies, all painted by Dave - but I'd say this one was his master piece aktion035.gif

beerchug.gif Gustl
URY914
No rust!
Gint
Nice! What chassis kit are you using Scotty?
Scott S
Hi Mr Gint -

I used the Tamiya M04L. I bought the complete VW Beetle kit off of Amazon, as it included everything I needed less the big 7.2v battery and charger. That was my downfall - I went to the hobby shop to pick up the battery and they had a wall of wheels.... I couldn't help myself.

The stock wheels that come with the beetle kit are a tad small, but not bad at all.

On the body mounts, due to the shape of the beetle, the rear mounts are really long and dont lend themselves to modification very well. I found a set of the correct smaller factory Tamiya ones on ebay.

On a side note, it seems that the hobby shops look down on the Tamiya stuff, and the carry nothing for them other than parts that fit all cars (wheels, tires, batteries, etc.)
krazykonrad
That is awesome! beerchug.gif

Konrad
vitaminC
Awesome! Where can I get that body?

This is my scale project:
IPB Image
Eric_Shea
So cool!
mittelmotor
Very nice! Brings baqck memories of racing 1/12th electric in the 1980s.

Is anyone still making these Lexan bodies? I did a Google search and everything that came up seemed like it was vintage 2003 or so. I'd like to get a 1/24th narrow body, if possible.
Ferg
QUOTE(vitaminC @ Jan 10 2013, 05:48 PM) *

Awesome! Where can I get that body?

This is my scale project:
IPB Image

Is that an Axial?
vitaminC
QUOTE(Ferg @ Jan 10 2013, 08:41 PM) *

Is that an Axial?

Yes, SCX10. Its been sitting like that for way too long sad.gif
BKLA
I have three 914 bodies painted by Dave:

The zonk before the color & graphics change
The Brumos 59 with pin striping - I think his best wink.gif with machined Fuchs!
And the 2006 WCC beer car

His painting is extraordinary!!!
Ferg
QUOTE(vitaminC @ Jan 10 2013, 10:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Ferg @ Jan 10 2013, 08:41 PM) *

Is that an Axial?

Yes, SCX10. Its been sitting like that for way too long sad.gif

Buddy just got his "kids" the ready to run rubicon... Us adults had tons of fun with it Xmas morning, thinking about getting my kid one now so I can play biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.