Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where's Dave Darling?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
nebreitling
anyone seen him around? just curious

he always has damn good information! clap56.gif
gregrobbins
You will find him on the 914 group at Yahoo almost daily. He had a thing on a dint repair demonstation he went to at a recent PCA tech event posted today.
morph
Yahoo 914 group?
Jenny
roadglue.com
Brad Roberts
Dave doesnt like us anymore.... conflict of interest.

B
Kevin@ojai.net
Been on Rennlist...

-Kevin
Meredith
Well, I know for a fact that he was alive a couple of weeks ago. As for the present, who knows?
ChrisFoley
I saw him at STF last night.
crash914
I got it...!!!

A Where's Dave contest....right now, up to the minute.....oh yea, not up yet....
ClayPerrine
OK... I HAVE to say this....

"Dave's not here man."
Part Pricer
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 10 2004, 02:06 AM)
Dave doesnt like us anymore.... conflict of interest.

WTF does that mean? confused24.gif

We are vendor neutral. We'll complain about everybody.
Brad Roberts
I personally have been getting the cold shoulder from him. Another person on the admin team has been getting the "cold shoulder" from him also when we meet locally for events.

I suggest someone ASK Dave what is UP..

I forget the movie Clay... but it was funny as hell..LOL clap56.gif

B
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 10 2004, 07:41 AM)

I forget the movie Clay... but it was funny as hell..LOL clap56.gif

Cheech and Chong - Up in Smoke.

Cheech: "Open up man, it's Dave"

Chong: "No, man. Daves not here man"
cooltimes
Did anyone ever think that many on here are always pizzzzzing on what goes on at the PP BBS and Dave works there? I wouldn't be too fond of being seen hanging out with a bunch of dorks who did that either if they were slicing at my bacon.

My opinion is my own. Yours will probably differ but who cares. LOL
SLITS
I don't blame Dark, Damp Dave for hanging in other places. This BBS WAS the anthesis of the PP BBS and his affiliation is with PP. Wayne is a good guy, but can get testy at times with his affiliates/employees over conflict of interest. You figure it out!

And Clay - you're busted!!!!!!! smoke.gif

"Hey man, you ran that red light"

"It ok, I'll stop twice for the next one"
nebreitling
it's a shame, he always adds a lot to any group.
TheCabinetmaker
Dave spent a day in my car at the MUSR (rally and dinner tour), and I enjoyed his company and conservation. He took ton's of pics that I would love to see. Hmm, I think I'll just email him and see what's up.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 10 2004, 08:25 AM)
I

For What? Liking that movie? rolleyes.gif
mike_the_man
I miss Dave around here. He seems to know everything. I know he's still active over at Pelican. How can we woo him back over here? This board is way cooler than Pelican!
SLITS
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 10 2004, 09:44 AM)
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 10 2004, 08:25 AM)
I

For What? Liking that movie? rolleyes.gif

Yea.................Riiiight (from The Earth to The Moon - Geology Professor) biggrin.gif
ppickerell
He told me there are not enough political discussions here and he was bored. rolleyes.gif
ppickerell
Uhhhh, now that his car is running he is out driving it and not on the computer all day anymore.....HE GOT A LIFE :finger2:
SLITS
He also obtained a "legal GF" - she served him a "cease & desist" notice on BBSs laugh.gif
Joe Bob
"Dave's not here...."

Was from the original comedy skits that were released on records back in the 70s...the lines, skits and other situational comedic situations were mixed in with the later movies.

In High School....yeah I was a 75 grad...what about it? :finger2:

We all had bootleg cassette tapes and could quote them by heart.
Rhodes71/914
When I first posted here Dave was a great help. Seems like he pops in every once and a while. I guess I figured that there was possibly a conflict of interest. Although he did manage to plug PP whenever he could. How could his boss complain about that. wink.gif
Joe Bob
He doesn't actually work there....he gets a deal on parts and a spiff here and there for being the resident 914 expert, moderator and such on the PP BBS...he gets some travel and face time at the shows as well.
rhodyguy
good thing he's not getting spliffs. smoke.gif . what's a spiff?
tdgray
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Nov 10 2004, 09:36 AM)

Better yet what the hell is a spliff huh.gif
Joe Bob
Freebies...spiff is a semi yiddish word from the wholesale liquor/garment "such a deal" trade
cooltimes
"what's a spiff?"

Isn't that a stihy WinXP extention?
Back on Damp Dave topic,
Damp Dave is one of the unsung heros of our 914 world so what is wrong if he gets pizzzed and jumps away from all the tizzies when he feels like doing that.
Does anyone question when Jack jumped from his box? Same thing.
I see mail from him frequently at another now less mail place for 914 interests.
Don't take it wrong. I like this place too because I can just visit whatever thread catches my interest just as this one did. Why can't it be like that everywhere?
Sammy
Dave's a smart guy.
iffn my boss pissed in my cornflakes for visiting this "forum" I'd just change my screen name and go anony...annon.... anonnnymm..... invisible biggrin.gif

Maybe here's here and we don't know it.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 10 2004, 07:41 AM)
I personally have been getting the cold shoulder from him. Another person on the admin team has been getting the "cold shoulder" from him also when we meet locally for events.

Sorry, B--I don't mean to come off that way!! sad.gif

Time, time, time, time is my problem. Not enough hours in the day, and I really overbook myself... (BTW, anyone know how to separate a Honda ball-joint without using explosives or air tools? Aaah, heck.)

Nobody has given me any grief about showing up here. Well, nobody except me. I spend waaaaaay too much time at my "day job" surfing the net. In order to get any work done at all, I needed to cut down on my surfing time. This BBS is the largest one, and the one I can spend the most time on. So I had to cut it out--most of the time.

It was easier before my attorney... I could take all the time I wanted in the evening to surf, and I could at least somewhat keep up with things that way. Now, my evenings are pretty much all spoken for. I'm taking part of this afternoon off to do some chores, including a couple of small projects on her 911...

So it's not because I don't like it here. It's not because you do sometimes piss on the "Bird board"--I can generally take being teased. Heck, I refer people to the Club board all the time in official Pelican emails!! It's simply because there aren't enough hours in the day.

Heh, now I probably won't get the laundry started because I got sucked into the 914club board!! laugh.gif

--DD

PS--Curt, I sent my MUSR pics in to Wayne a while back. I'll pester him to see why they haven't been posted yet...
ematulac
Nice to see hear from ya again, Dave. wavey.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(tdgray @ Nov 10 2004, 01:03 PM)
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Nov 10 2004, 09:36 AM)

Better yet what the hell is a spliff huh.gif

It's what's sticking out of the green smiley face. smoke.gif
Joe Bob
A "spleef" is a canadian term for a marahojee and tobacco joint....in Eagle Rock....we called it a pocket rocket....
seanery
dude, tell me you never lived in Eagle Rock! unsure.gif
That place is like the friggen Twilight Zone! ohmy.gif w00t.gif
Dave_Darling
"Spliff" or "spleef" is also a Jamaican term for a doobie. A joint. A number. A jay. (And more synonyms abound.)

--DD

(BTW, I'm appreciating how simple the 914 is--every time I try to do anything on the 911, I learn how neat my 914 really is!! I'm batting 0 for 2 tonight.)
Joe Bob
YUP...ER in CA....

911? WTF.....? The GF have one?
Dave_Darling
I think those of you that were at the last McBreakfast heard that my company was doing to have a 25% layoff in the near future. Well, that happened last week, while I was out at the dentist's. I was among the 75% that will still have jobs come December 2nd. That was just a tiny bit stressful, let me tell you.

Ditto the whole "mountain of debt" that I am signing up for in the next month. I'm buying a condo that is 2 blocks from where the McBreakfast was. Dealing with loan companies is very very aggravating indeed... One won't stop calling me, the other never returns my calls!!

Anyway, it's time to give up on the left-front turn signal of the poor SC and head back to the GF's. I'll make a PartsHeaven run tomorrow and pick up a fuel gauge, because the sender seems to be working properly and the gauge only reads from full down to 3/4 tank...

--DD

Yes, Mike. The GF now has an 82 SC. Nice car, lovely sounds. I'm beginning to dislike working on it almost as much as on my Honda!!
seanery
My lady friend was the bartender at Toppers.
Randal
(And more synonyms abound.)

If you can remember them the next day
newdeal2
I was away for a month and no one missed me sad.gif

I'm glad Dave surfaced to stop the rumor mill cool.gif
dgw
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Nov 10 2004, 06:38 PM)
I think those of you that were at the last McBreakfast heard that my company was doing to have a 25% layoff in the near future. Well, that happened last week, while I was out at the dentist's. I was among the 75% that will still have jobs come December 2nd. That was just a tiny bit stressful, let me tell you.

BTDT.

I've come up on both sides of that. Stress is the same up to to the official announcement. I was on PTO once, called in from Las Vegas to find out that I had lost. Got the hell out of management after that.
rick 918-S
Dave go away! You stopped the rumor mill! laugh.gif
Meredith
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 10 2004, 08:54 PM)
Dave go away! You stopped the rumor mill! laugh.gif

Yeah, really. Who can we gossip about now? confused24.gif
neo914-6
25% layoff

So that means your work load has increased 33.33%! My company tends to have layoffs right before the holidays...maybe I should see the dentist ohmy.gif
Felix
Steve
Good to hear from you Dave!!
I was utterly amazed how ridiculous 911's are to work on.
I can't believe all the crap I had to remove just to get to the two oil filters and drain plugs on my 993.
What a pain in the ass....
I felt really comfortable working on my 3.2 in my 914 and thought how bad can a 993 be.

Best of luck with your GF and her 911!!
Mark Henry
QUOTE(mikez @ Nov 10 2004, 10:05 PM)
A "spleef" is a canadian term for a marahojee and tobacco joint....in Eagle Rock....we called it a pocket rocket....

A spliff is a hash oil and tabacco joint....or so I've been told wink.gif

Ahhhhh...High school....the joints...the booze...the parties....

I wish I could remember it...it must have been fun.
rhodyguy
Rastas don't do tobacco. Jah, the lion of the desert. Jamaican holidays for everyone. w00t.gif

kevin
SLITS
Dave's not here man!!!!!

Did anyone ever use the giant rolling paper? biggrin.gif smoke.gif wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.