Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear caliper hardware source, anyone?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanF5
Bought a set of early (70-72) rebuilt rears recently that didnt come with hardware (pins, springs, etc). Like a smartypants I sent back the old hardware with cores.

I can only seem to find oem hardware for fronts, or aftermarket front hardware advertised as rear (like Centric part # 117-90004 on ebay).

Does anyone know of a source for that sort of stuff before I go buying a used set of calipers?

headbang.gif
Rleog
Try Eric Shea at PMB Performance
Mikey914
PMB is a great resource.
Mike Bellis
agree.gif

welcome.png
442nd914s
agree.gif PMB Performance would be my personal first choice. However, if they are out of stock, I did find them at Auto Atlanta. Not my first choice, but I was in a pinch.
I did find new "c" clips (the clip that holds the pad bolt inplace) at ACE Hardware
Cap'n Krusty
If you didn't buy your calipers from PMB, it's likely you will soon. In all the years I've been working on 914s, I have yet to find another caliper rebuilder worth the time to buy from.

The Cap'n
mepstein
All my brake parts come from Eric. His expert advise is icing on the cake.
Spoke
QUOTE(Rleog @ Jan 10 2013, 10:54 AM) *

agree.gif

And BTW,

welcome.png
Spoke
Double post....Post whore.

agree.gif

And BTW,

welcome.png
DanF5
Thanks guys, I appreciate the welcome.

The new calipers came from PMB actually. I contacted Eric previously regarding the hardware and he didnt seem indicate that they had any. He mentioned they are in the middle of moving the company, so maybe they were packed away. I'll give him another try, he's been hugely helpful thus far.

P.S. Mikey, huge props to you too. Nothing like your site existed when I started this project 12+ years ago (dropped it for a few *cough* years to get a degree).
wndsnd
welcome.png Yeah! Another MA Guy!
Gint
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jan 10 2013, 01:31 PM) *

Double post....Post whore.

agree.gif

And BTW,

welcome.png

agree.gifwelcome.png We need pictures.
Eric_Shea
Set leaving tomorrow to the Barker Hill address... wink.gif
DanF5
Wow! Thanks Eric! Im not sure if its what you meant, but if you have enough for two calipers I would be eternally grateful. Shoot me an invoice if you need to. Either way, you've got my business in perpetuity.

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 10 2013, 08:40 PM) *

Set leaving tomorrow to the Barker Hill address... wink.gif

Cevan
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jan 10 2013, 05:05 PM) *

welcome.png Yeah! Another MA Guy!

+1.

welcome.png
Eric_Shea
Full set, springs, pins and clips for the rear calipers coming. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.