Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: another way to run fuel lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
with all the carb talk these days i thought i'd share a dif way to run your fuel lines.

these are the appropriate sized fuel lines compatible with our modern fuels. from the tee to cross over to the other carb i used 2 rubber isolated camps thru the holes in the rear upright tin. i split a piece of vac line, wrapped the fuel line in the vac line and it fits perfectly in the groove in the engine side of the tin. the holes in the tin serve double duty. i put another set of clamps on the rear of the tin on the same bolts to keep the hot starter wire secure and and off the trans. while the clamps hold the hose/wire securely it doesn't pinch anywhere.

i think this method helps with fuel temps keeping the fuel line as far away from the engine heat and no direct contact with any metal while securing it. lmn what you all think.

k
7TPorsh
I brought mine up top on the backside to a tee then into the carbs. I was worried about the fuel heating up around the tin.
last337
i have mine coming up from under battery to a tee then splitting to each carb with one line going across under engine compartment cover. I am a bit worried that having the tee so much closer to one carb will affect the fuel flow to each carb but I guess I will know more if I cant get them balanced correctly.
rhodyguy
by cover you mean the lid?
aircooledtechguy
[quote name='last337' date='Jan 10 2013, 01:59 PM' post='1800098']
I am a bit worried that having the tee so much closer to one carb will affect the fuel flow to each carb but I guess I will know more if I cant get them balanced correctly.

The "T" can be anywhere between the two carbs. your fuel pump will ensure that both carbs get all the fuel they need.
last337
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 10 2013, 05:37 PM) *

by cover you mean the lid?

Yes, I mean the 'lid' biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.