Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SEMA '04 pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chris914n6
It was a good year for paint and girlz.

SEMA 04

I know... shoulda checked the "Garage" before I went but I got busy. It's always the first week in November so hit me up late September for $10 badges.

914 content- snapped a few pics of the Nissan 350z VQ35DE engine. Should fit with a custom intake manifold. (pg.3)

Chris
Brad Roberts
Did you take Andy with you ?? LOL

Cool pics...

B
Chris914n6
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 9 2004, 11:20 PM)
Did you take Andy with you ?? LOL

Yea, I know... autofocus sucks at distance.
Brad Roberts
Chris,

Can you send all your contact info to:

She is/will be handling all of our ecomm.

B
MattR
Very nice pics! Thanks for sharing!!! :award:
neo914-6
Chris,
I forgot you lived in Vegas, I was there Thur and Fri. I liked the "updated" Volvo P1800 alot. It was nice to see the new Ford concept car. Someday I will download all my pics... laugh.gif
Felix
Kevin@ojai.net
Now those are short shorts!
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE(Kevin@ojai.net @ Nov 10 2004, 01:10 AM)
Now those are short shorts!

Shorts!? Oh thank goodness. I thought it was duct tape!
Cheers, Elliot
GWN7
Talented girl, she can defy gravity HERE
biggrin.gif
seanery
that looks like Charles Navarro talking to the Short Shorts girl huh.gif laugh.gif
sanman
I wonder if the satin black kit car with the LS1 is the same car from the thread with the two tube frame LSI cars? I know one was a 914 the other had vette wheels.
GaroldShaffer
The link doesn't work. sad.gif I get the following message

"The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later. "

headbang.gif
seanery
garold, does the short shorts link work?
GaroldShaffer
Nope confused24.gif

Might have something to do with the fact I am actually AT the office today
boxstr
Chris Great pics, Thanks. Loved the 32 3 window coupe from Dearborn. That is one car I want to build. Never undestood all of the gauges on the firewall??

Looked like lots of hot rods and bods at the SEMA show.
CCLINTRICKSOFTHETRADE
IronHillRestorations
bummer, the link isn't working..... sad.gif
rhodyguy
nope.

kevin
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(Jaiderenegadesimpson V8 914 @ Nov 10 2004, 12:01 AM)
Chris,
I forgot you lived in Vegas, I was there Thur and Fri. I liked the "updated" Volvo P1800 alot. It was nice to see the new Ford concept car. Someday I will download all my pics... laugh.gif
Felix

Did the Volvo P1800 look like this?
rhodyguy
silver with a red interior. i sure like the look.

kevin
neo914-6
Looked like lots of hot rods and bods at the SEMA show.

Not as much as a good rod show (Good-Guys) but there were alot. Mostly street racers and Bling Hummers. Factory Ford had a good showing. I was surprised the off road industry was well represented.

Did the Volvo P1800 look like this?

YES, What was the engine like? The one at SEMA had no bumpers and there was a small vent added to the rear quarter panel. That work is the similiar to how I will develop the Neo914... smilie_pokal.gif
Felix
BIGKAT_83
Volvo P1800 engine
neo914-6
This one has flames and the SEMA one didn't. idea.gif How old are these pics? The interior, exterior color, and the wheels look the same...
Felix
BIGKAT_83
I saw the car 2 weeks ago at a car show.

can't be the sameone. this one was from Canada.

Bob
cnavarro
So that's what the back of my head looks like? Really, it does look like me in that pic with the short short shorts girl ohmy.gif

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance
seanery
he's heavier than you, though.
neo914-6
Bob,
I guess they aren't the same, but close!
neo914-6
another...
Maltese Falcon
Hey Felix, thanks for stopping by the MSDS exhibit - always nice to talk 914 with 914club peeps ! rolleyes.gif
Did you see that red Volvo XC90V8 over at Ford ? It has a 605hp 4.4 V8 with 8 piston front brembos on it ! Too bad someone in a Jazzy ( the aisles do get crowded) tagged its front air dam on Wed...seems that no one had Ferrari red touch up paint.
My work partner knew some people from sema that hooked us up with comp passes to some evening parties: DUB (mag) party, Hard Rock (International truck) showing their new CXT, and even a way cool drift exhibit by D1 Drifting team...the new GTO was totally dialed in. There were over 100,000 attendees this year, and over 1,100 new products showcased. You can view these new products at www.sema.org
It was one of the best sema shows I've ever attended, however one exhibitor had his $7,000.00 RC (1/12 scale) car stolen form the show.
I'm already packed for the ' 05 show aktion035.gif
der Falcon
MattR
Was this at the convention center in Las vegas? I was exhibiting at an RC show over there last year and many thousands of dollars in RC cars were stolen from the booths during the night. We didnt get jacked, but I know a bunch of manufacturors that did. It really made the last day a pisser (nothing to show!).

I think they traced it to the cleaning staff or something... I guess they didnt find them, and they have a huge stash of RC stuff.
Maltese Falcon
Yup, the r/c car vanished from the "New product" area at night (closed) while security ar15.gif (?) does its walkabout. It was definitely someone that works there after hours that is guilty. I'll pass your experience on to these folks...
MattR
Who was showing the car? Any pics of it? Im just curious what 12th scale cost 7k, unless it was the record holding car... which would be a shame if it got jacked.
neo914-6
comp passes to some evening parties

MF,
I definitely need to get some of those! aktion035.gif I found out later that my Art Center schoolmate went the first two days. He still designs motorcycles so maybe I have an "in" too. I'll organize a caravan from the Bay Area next time since there were many who wanted to go. I actually "slipped" out of work and got through my wife's mental lapse that she gave me the go ahead weeks ago. All last minute planning but well worth it. I've been wanting to see this show for years. Now that my parents live in LV, I have a place to stay and another excuse to come. They were shocked when I knocked on their door Thur evening (their phone was out of order).

I enjoyed talking to you about the LA "grapevine". Now I know where to get the real facts! laugh.gif See you next year at WCC, SEMA, and maybe ACCD classic car show.

Here's the Ford concept car:
Felix
neo914-6
Link to LV SEMA pics Keep clicking on images and you will find 100's of pics. Tell me this isn't the most entertaining and informative automotive show.
Felix
Maltese Falcon
Felix, SEMA has really marched on ...in the '67 show there were 5 cars displayed. The '04 show had over 2,000 ! Bikini girls started showing up in the '80s. Ford had the hottest girlies this year, dressed to kill in those silver mylar outfits wub.gif
PM me for next years show, you need some "Upgraded" tix. happy11.gif
DerFalcon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.