Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiberglass GT flare question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gandalfthegray
Hey folks, I've got a 72 914 with Mitcom glass flares in the rear and a slant fender front. My goal is to convert the car back to a GT style front. Mitcom appears to be long out of business. So I'm looking at a set of QRS full front fenders with GT flares.

So the question is this. Will the QRS flares match the Mitcom flares?

Anyone have a set of Mitcom front fenders??

Thanks!
andys
All the Mitcom molds are owned by:
Fiberglass Trends
986 N. Elm St., Orange, CA 92867
714-532-6140 (Bus.) Ask for Matt
Though it's been 6 years ago, I got my fiberglass flares from them. Not sure if they're even still in business, but give it a try.

Andys
gandalfthegray
QUOTE(andys @ Jan 11 2013, 08:43 AM) *

All the Mitcom molds are owned by:
Fiberglass Trends
986 N. Elm St., Orange, CA 92867
714-532-6140 (Bus.) Ask for Matt
Though it's been 6 years ago, I got my fiberglass flares from them. Not sure if they're even still in business, but give it a try.

Andys

Thanks Andys, but it appears they are no longer in business either. sad.gif
tadink
when you say 'will the QRS flares match the mitcom flares' what exactly to you mean? I've got some QRS front and rears that are not yet on the car - should I take some pix for you? Would that help? Lemme know - td
gandalfthegray
QUOTE(tadink @ Jan 11 2013, 10:23 AM) *

when you say 'will the QRS flares match the mitcom flares' what exactly to you mean? I've got some QRS front and rears that are not yet on the car - should I take some pix for you? Would that help? Lemme know - td

Well, I'm wondering if all of these flares were done in a true factory likeness or did some companies make it there own. Perhaps a different arch or different width and so on. I just don't want to appear as I have a mix and match set.

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.