Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Put the groove back in your speedo!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
Dr Evil
I can disassemble, clean, change the glass and/or bezel, paint the bezel, and zero or set the odometer to what ever milage you want. Prices vary from $40-60 for the full package. I may be able to do work on other gauges, but I will not be able to calibrate (for that you need lots of money and someone else). I can also add LED lights at what ever it costs to get them from Kelzey.

Note-you must annotate on any appropriate legal documentation and to any buyer that the gauge is not displaying original milage if you put one in that is not.
(like our cars have actual milage showing: "of course it only has 15k miles on it." rolleyes.gif )
Twystd1
I was at Dr. Evils house and saw with my own eyes what he is capable of doing with these gauges...

Very nice work, elegantly performed.... And they looked like new when he was done...

I would (and have) bought from this club member...

Highly recomended.....

Regards,
Twystd1
ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
Dr Evil
Your a nut! A welcomed, apreciated nut.
THX
Dr Evil
Here is my gauge set up. The back is just to hold them (I know its kinda ugly).
914werke
The newer (Ha) gauges have plastic lenses not glass Correct? Can you retrofit?
Dr Evil
A yup, I suer can. I have glass ffrom older gauges that I can use. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Plastic, sheesh....
914werke
Cool cool.gif
We'll be talkin Im in need some door panels and the speedo refurb sounds like a decent deal.
What kind of magic can you work on a bouncy Tach? unsure.gif
Dr Evil
Rich,
I can not do anything for the mechanical or electrical functioning, unfortunately. All I can do at this point is cosmetic; change glass, clean internals, repaint bezel, zeroize or set miles. I have done these things before and know that they are a PITA so I figure that I can do them for others for a small fee. For the tach bounce, however, I know that North Hollywood Speedo can fix that for you. Also, there is a guy on the board that was posting about maybe having a fix. Do a search and post it here for others if you would.
Thanks,
Mike
Dr Evil
icon_bump.gif Time is running out!
CptTripps
Now I know how you got into medical school....

Dr Evil
Dude, you have some time on your hands, don't you? Funny, yet kinda creepy at the same time.

....I gotta watch my back drops more carefully biggrin.gif
STL914
Mike,

What kind of turn around time to refurbish a tach and speedo?

Knowing that you'll be leaving for the East Coast, is there a date that you will no longer be able to offer your services?
Dr Evil
Yup, last day is June 1st. PM me as to what you want done and I will get you a price and time.
Grimstead
Hi Mike,
Is the 40-60 range apeice for each gauge or for the set of three (oh please, oh please let it be for the set of three) confused24.gif
Bill
Dr Evil
Unfortunately for you it is each. I lose too much skin, blood, and time to go any lower. What did you want ?
Grimstead
I have all three gauges off a 75' that I was thinking about switching out the plastic to glass, paint the bezels and just clean up. I just don't know at what point I should have you do it (instead of myself)? confused24.gif

On a somewhat seperate note, are you coming up for breakfeast tomorrow? Aaron gave me the hardsell chair.gif on your interior refinishing Today at lunch and I have some questions for you.
Aaron Cox
happy to push products for baldy....errr mikey biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
I am coming to the breakfast tomarrow at Zubies. I hope to see you there. If you come down for the track meet in SD you will get to see some more of my seats first hand.

Thansk, AAron. I am glad that you are still happy. biggrin.gif
JazonJJordan
huh.gif Greetings Mike, Now you are better settled in PA, any possibilities?
Inventory Status/price?:__________Available/Out of stock/Discontinued? News? Just trying to round up resources and help your club business ventures;
Thanks- jzn shades.gif
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 10 2004, 03:18 AM) *

I can disassemble, clean, change the glass and/or bezel, paint the bezel, and zero or set the odometer to what ever milage you want. Prices vary from $40-60 for the full package. I may be able to do work on other gauges, but I will not be able to calibrate (for that you need lots of money and someone else). I can also add LED lights at what ever it costs to get them from Kelzey.

Note-you must annotate on any appropriate legal documentation and to any buyer that the gauge is not displaying original milage if you put one in that is not.
(like our cars have actual milage showing: "of course it only has 15k miles on it." rolleyes.gif )

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.