914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vitaminC
Worst ebay ad ever: 1974 914 1.8
billh1963
I'm ready to throw some money down based on that description! lol-2.gif
scotty b
His picture taking is just as good

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...=item43b7712fee

NOW WITH 4...count em 4 MAIN BEARINGS !!!!

Give him a call
billh1963
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 11 2013, 09:40 AM) *

Give him a call

Well...it does have a 5-lug conversion! (even though he doesn't mention it)
tod914
Hold on while I flip my monitor over.
vitaminC
How much hp does that wing add?
URY914
Love the shit in the air filter.
Cairo94507
Wow - let's all remember not all of us are created equal. This poor sole was probably the result of a government experiment and consequently his brain never developed much beyond a stem. OK, that wasn't nice so now I will go stand in the corner for 10 minutes.
carr914
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 11 2013, 11:11 AM) *

This poor sole was probably the result of a government experiment and consequently his brain never developed much beyond a stem.

dANNY?
Woody
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 11 2013, 10:11 AM) *

Wow - let's all remember not all of us are created equal. This poor sole was probably the result of a government experiment and consequently his brain never developed much beyond a stem. OK, that wasn't nice so now I will go stand in the corner for 10 minutes.

Todduh?
Tom_T
Just looked at a 928 ad on the evil-one listed as "One Owner" - then the seller's description reads in part...

"ITS ONE OWNER CAR AND I AM THE SECOND"

That means this is a TWO (2) owner car, and he's misrepresenting it!

....private seller too, but my guess is he's a "professional flipper"!

tod914
I'm thinking someone took a weed wacker to his stem...
DBCooper
Actually this car and these comments are symptomatic of some of the best deals you'll find on e-bay or Craig's list. The ad''s so bad so you KNOW no one else will be talking with him, meaning you're going to be one of very few (or only) potential buyers. Ask specific questions, get answers, and decide if it's worth a visit. If not no problem, a few minutes invested, nothing more. But if it's one of those rare overlooked gems YOU have all the leverage and can make the deal you want.

And no, I'm not talking about this car specifically, just a general comment.
Black22
I actually have seen this car! It looks really nice as you drive by it.(he lives a couple blocks from my uncle). I had no idea he was "special". I might have to go check it out.

If anyone needs a PPI let me know! lol-2.gif av-943.gif bootyshake.gif
tod914
BD your absoluetly right. You never know until you ask.
poorsche914
Someone should at least ad the VIN to the database: 4742909997

driving.gif
Madswede
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jan 11 2013, 10:23 AM) *

Actually this car and these comments are symptomatic of some of the best deals you'll find on e-bay or Craig's list. The ad''s so bad so you KNOW no one else will be talking with him, meaning you're going to be one of very few (or only) potential buyers. Ask specific questions, get answers, and decide if it's worth a visit. If not no problem, a few minutes invested, nothing more. But if it's one of those rare overlooked gems YOU have all the leverage and can make the deal you want.

And no, I'm not talking about this car specifically, just a general comment.

agree.gif That is exactly how I bought my 968 on a semi-crappy CL ad, though it got better after he updated it. The other factor was the seller of my 968 lived in BFE in southwest Utah. Ended up paying something like 50-60% of the going rate for 968s at the time. sunglasses.gif Very few interests and his insistence on certain aspects of money transactions gave me some serious bargaining room. Ya never know!
vitaminC
And here's another one for you to talk privately with the seller... I'm always tempted to email these guys and suggest they put some actual information in their ad.
Woody
QUOTE(vitaminC @ Jan 11 2013, 08:36 AM) *

Worst ebay ad ever: 1974 914 1.8

QUOTE(vitaminC @ Jan 11 2013, 06:06 PM) *

And here's another one for you to talk privately with the seller... I'm always tempted to email these guys and suggest they put some actual information in their ad.

Interestingly they are both from California. Not trying to insinuate anything but um, huh.gif
DBCooper
Yeah... um... no rust! I was marveling at some of Scotty's rust rescues, cars I wouldn't touch with a torch, and that seems like a really good attribute. More than makes up for minimal marketing skills.
Black22
"Interestingly they are both from California. Not trying to insinuate anything but um, huh.gif"

WTF.gif........ av-943.gif lol-2.gif
Jmedeiros
QUOTE(Black22 @ Jan 11 2013, 07:09 PM) *

"Interestingly they are both from California. Not trying to insinuate anything but um, huh.gif"

WTF.gif........ av-943.gif lol-2.gif

Obviously a bit too much beer3.gif
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 11 2013, 06:40 AM) *

Give him a call
What is "magically" causing the wing on the rear deck to 'levitate' over it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.