From the Halls of Montezuma,
To the Shores of Tripoli;
We fight our country's battles
In the air, on land, and sea;
First to fight for right and freedom
And to keep our honor clean;
We are proud to claim the title
Of UNITED STATES MARINES.

The Marine Corps were founded on November 10, 1775 by the Continental Congress in
Philadelphia.

Gung? HO!

Thanks,

Miles
SpecialK
As an ex-Squid I feel the need to mention that the USMC is a department of the Navy.......They hate that happy11.gif

Sincerely, congratulations guys!! beerchug.gif
Steve Thacker
Happy Birthday Us....Happy Birthday Us...Happy Birthday.... Chest Puller, Dan Daley and the rest of you leathernecks.......Happppppy.... Birthdayyyyyy to Us!!!!! beerchug.gif

Semper Fi !

1st Btn 3rd MarDiv and 2nd Btn 4th MarDiv
watsonrx13
Happy Birthday USMC. flag.gif

My dad is a retired Maj and my brother, also a Maj, is currently XO for 3/1 fighting in Falluja right now.

KICK SOME A$$ BRO!!!!
Bruce Allert
I'm an ex-Squid also & I say
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRO's

beerchug.gif

.......b
Gint
As an ex-Squid I feel the need to mention that the USMC is a department of the Navy.......They hate that

Ditto... They deserve the dig. Try living with Marines in a steel can.

Seriously, Happy Birthday USMC. It takes a special breed to do the deed.
Brad Smith
Happy birthday Devil Dogs. It's funny, I don't FEEL 229 years old. smile.gif

And to you Navy guys out there- we always appreciate the ride.

Brad
red914
and a bar (tun tavern) figures prominently in our history, how 'bout that!

our thoughts are with our brothers engaged around the world, especially flushing the toilet that seems to be fallujah.

-shane
3rd bn 7th Marines; instructor, mountain leader course
Jake Raby
OOH RAH!

Happy Birthday fellow devil dogs!

Here is a post that I made on my forum as well. It has a link to a video message from the Commandant and Sargeant Major of our beloved Corp... It'll send chills up your spine..

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=80610

I spent my time as an engine mech and crewchief aboard the mighty 'Battlephrog" the CH46E. Its a 38 year old aircraft thats still hauling Marines into combat today. It was to be replaced by the V22 Osprey but the new fangled engineers can't keep those in the air as well as Boeing could the 46 back in the mid sixties through today!

When you are watching CNN and you see those birds with evil eyes on the front, thats my old squadron- HMM 163...

Alot of times I really miss working on aircraft. I did have alot of fun.

BTW- as far as being "Department of the Navy".... The only reason we are is so we can hitch rides on your boats and protect your asses....LOL

I did 2 Westpac cruises and hate living with the squids on their boats...... Nah, really they are ok just the food sucks!
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Nov 10 2004, 08:52 AM)

I did 2 Westpac cruises and hate living with the squids on their boats...... Nah, really they are ok just the food sucks!

2 westpacs also 69-71. I was seasick most of the time barf.gif and agree.gif the food was crap, especially shit on'a shingle wink.gif

it's a hell of a way to lose weight laugh.gif

.........b
Jake Raby
But they can make a good loaf of bread!

After I had mess duty in the officer's mess I was spoiled.. Those pukes got Lobster while we were eating something that had no description and tasted like cow shit!

I lived off of bread the whole time I was onboard ship.. I used to take the NCOIC of the mess hall flying once a week and he'd get me hooked up with a loaf of bread a day... Else I would have died from starvation!

AND we had to wait in line for over an hour just to get that shitty food! Hell the new carriers have a friggin Mc donalds onboard!

We had a batch of eggs come in once that was dated ELEVEN years earlier than or cruise date! I bought a candy bar from the geedunk that was 4 years old and broke my tooth when I tried to bite into it!
redshift
You guys rock.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.