Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ORIGINAL 1976 Porsche 914 2.0- Perhaps the BEST in the WORLD?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
Rust FREE!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...=item20ce98b592
vitaminC
Comes with AA catalogs!
billh1963
Those door speakers sure aren't original!
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 11 2013, 07:07 PM) *

agree.gif

type47
Beautiful but have to rank on the mirrors...
billh1963
Pictures of the trunks, hell hole, etc. sure would be nice
Tom_T
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 11 2013, 04:07 PM) *

agree.gif

Nor are the mirrors as noted above, carpet looks to be salt-n-pepper aftermarket replacement loop-pile, not too crazy about plugs for the holes where the rear deck luggage rack went & LF fender where the radio antenna was, etc.; & that's without pix underneath, personal look-see & PPI.

IMHO the 75-76 big bumper 914s look better in Black (& some very dark colors) where the big black bumpers blend in a bit more with the car body, but that's a personal preference.

It's a dealer, so you don't know what you'll get & I'd want more than the few receipts shown to document back to new that this is a 44k mile car, as well as to see how well it was cared for over the past 36 years.

Could be a good car, but you'll the "dealer premium" for the joy of having them pick it up cheaper & sell it to you for top dollar! dry.gif
914Sixer
Well, if any one need me to check it out in the flesh let me know. I am in San Antonio every weekday. I can certainly pick it apart if need be.

Capet is OE . Wide salt and pepper style. Needs lots of stuff.
KELTY360
That original drivers seat has a different vinyl pattern from the passenger seat. WTF. It's a nice looking car, but definitely over-hyped by a dealer with a 93.3% feedback rating. Wonder how long it will take for the price to get realistic?
stateofidleness
Mark!! How the heck are you? I started working on my green car again and could not for the life of me remember who it was that helped me out so long ago! (I think I sold you my Engman kit a long time ago when I had the red chalon).

Would love to meet up again some time! How's your project coming along?

Where is this car located in San Antonio? I'd love to go check it out.
Johny Blackstain
the rockers are hardly original either & my six came from the president of the Potomac chapter of PCA & that don't mean squat when it comes to rust or being taken proper care of.
CMONNETT
This guy had a dealership, KC International, on IH-10 between Boerne and San Antonio. The last time I drove by, last week, it looked vacant. I didn't think he was even still in business.

Chris
brant
the dash is about the crack
as mentioned above.... tons of aftermarket items like the rockers, speakers, etc...

also the interior light is cracked
and the storage console base is starting to crack

would that temp gauge have been in a 1976?

this is NOT what I would call an amazing or show quality car.

6-8K?

maybe 10K because of the mileage...

but its tough that its not a collectable year either, and an emissions equipted car plus will need to pass emissions due to the undesireable year
SKL1
i especially like the holes in the trunk... headbang.gif
Spoke
Looks like a nice car. Not for $24.5k. For that price, I'd buy a 911 or 930.
tod914
Beautiful color and car. Nepal orange I suppose? Shouldn't be too difficult to undue the non original stuff, minus a few left over holes. That carpet isn't OEM. There are no rubber grommets on the floor matts, and the fit isn't that good. Could be even nicer, but I'd think you'd have to toss 3-4K into it to get back to original status if that's your goal. Guess the clencher is paying sales tax on the $24.5K.
Mike Fitton
Big red flag is when they start to go into the history of the 914, this means they know nothing about the car and went online googled 914 and got the Wikipedia history. It belonged to the President of the Porsche club who treated it like a family member. Yeah his name was Ferry and he beat the S**t out of his kids too! As you know the top can be removed in about 1 minute. Only if you forget to latch it down and take to the highway, actually less than 1 minute.
Unmolested except for:
1. Exhaust
2. Rockers
3. Front Spoiler
4. Mirrors
5. Drilled holes for luggage rack.
6. Drivers seat built out to GT style
7. Custom Steering Wheel Leather Skin Installed by Dealer
8. Door Speakers

They really know an original unmolested 914 when they see one, NO EXCUSES!!
Now back to my regularly scheduled New Castle. beer3.gif
pete000
Good luck with the smog police if you live in Ca and buy it!

It comes with some shop manuals !
Sea Dragon 914
I had those Kenwood speakers in my first 914. Unfortunately, I went to Nissei Festival in Los Angeles one year and when I came back my car was gone. I still have my police friends run the plates and it is still listed as DOJ stop. sad.gif
cwpeden
Shouldn't it get points for the 8-track? aktion035.gif
Tom
The smog equipment has been partially removed. At least they could have gotten a non smog air cleaner, an aluminum plate over the end makes it look cheaply modified. Some nice parts to the car, some, well, not quite so nice. No shots of the undercarriage or engine is not a good selling feature.
Tom
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(cwpeden @ Jan 12 2013, 02:41 AM) *

Shouldn't it get points for the 8-track? aktion035.gif

Not 8 track, cassette player.
houdan914
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jan 11 2013, 05:54 PM) *

I've exchanged a few emails with the guy. A dealer or flipper. He says his car is priced fairly because 914-6 cars are going for $90,000. I think he is using peso conversion or something.

Not sure he is a legit dealer or just a dba or dealer setup. Sounds like a guy flipping cars. bs.gif Buyer Beware.

Would be a nice car to pick up. But at that price, pray.gif someone else can have it.
markyb
QUOTE(brant @ Jan 11 2013, 08:48 PM) *

as mentioned above.... tons of aftermarket items like the rockers, speakers, etc...

6-8K?

but its tough that its not a collectable year either, and an emissions equipted car plus will need to pass emissions due to the undesireable year

It sounds like you've been enjoying the new pot law in Co., I looked long and hard for a mostly original car like this one, and I can say with great certainty that you won't find one anywhere near $10k. I see nothing wrong with it being a '76, I'll take that any day over a pre-'73 4 cyl. This car is clean, if I didn,t have one already I'd give this guy $18-20k for it if after inspection everything checks out as he says..
houdan914
QUOTE(markyb @ Jan 12 2013, 08:20 PM) *

6-8K?

It sounds like you've been enjoying the new pot law in Co., I looked long and hard for a mostly original car like this one, and I can say with great certainty that you won't find one anywhere near $10k. I see nothing wrong with it being a '76, I'll take that any day over a pre-'73 4 cyl. This car is clean, if I didn,t have one already I'd give this guy $18-20k for it if after inspection everything checks out as he says..

Not sure about Colorado, but I don't go for anything stronger than lemonade....and occasionally gas fumes working on the car.

Unless the market in the US has changed overnight, I don't see this car bringing more than $10,000. The exception would be export sale where the exchange rate makes a higher number feasible.

It would be insane to pay thoses numbers here....too many very nice cars for less. Orange is the only unique component of the deal. At that price you are in a space wi a lot of exceptional and techno locally advanced cars.

Still love the color and FI though.
Dave_Darling
I've seen several better 76es, though not in the last couple of years.

My thought (though I haven't been that in touch with the market) is that to fetch top dollar (which the seller is asking) you have to have a car with original parts, in outstanding condition. This car has a lot of aftermarket parts, and only apparently comes with a few of the originals that had been replaced. It's nice, but not that nice.

Also, if you're going to claim "NO RUST", you'd better be ready to substantiate it. I see no pics of the typical rust areas...

--DD
brant
QUOTE(markyb @ Jan 12 2013, 07:20 PM) *

6-8K?

I've seen them...
you didn't look hard enough
on ebay... sure.... but you need to connect with locals and clubs
a lot of good cars are not on the internet
I've seen them...

I know where a 27K car is right now.
it needs restore and won't be original paint
but it will be a 27.000 mile car......

this car is shiny and nice for someone new to 914's
but it has way to many deviations to someone familiar to 914's
it isn't worth over 10K because of that.
rick 918-S
Right front inner wheelhouse is creased and there is red oxide primer showing above the wood trunk board below the crease. I can't say for sure by these photos but when a wheelhouse is creased like that it is usally because the car has bumped something hard.
dcheek
This dealer should use the following for "Perhaps the Best 914 in the world".

Tod W.
74 2.0, Ravenna Green, 16,500 original miles

Seeing is believing! I've seen it, and it made a believer out of me!

Dave
markyb
QUOTE(dcheek @ Jan 13 2013, 08:10 AM) *

This dealer should use the following for "Perhaps the Best 914 in the world".

Tod W.
74 2.0, Ravenna Green, 16,500 original miles

Seeing is believing! I've seen it, and it made a believer out of me!

Dave

I guess my point was that I'd take a clean, original RUST FREE body, even with high mileage, over a car that has to be restored. $10k for a low miler that needs restoration is a $20k car when finished! I like working on cars as much as the next guy (teeners have to!) but the costs to put one back in tip-top shape are not cheap.

If you slap on a new dash, pop on the original luggage rack, maybe a few more things, there are very few cars out there that will meet the standards of that '76 ( if what the seller claims is true, and after inspection and clarification of the condition)
mepstein
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 13 2013, 12:30 AM) *

Right front inner wheelhouse is creased and there is red oxide primer showing above the wood trunk board below the crease. I can't say for sure by these photos but when a wheelhouse is creased like that it is usally because the car has bumped something hard.

An expert speaks.
brant
its not a terrible car

just a terrible used car salesman

hard to trust much about the car given the source.
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 13 2013, 12:30 AM) *

Damn you are good! Taking you with me when I buy my next car!
beerchug.gif
Tom
I sure will be interested to see what this car brings. In many ways my 76 is nicer and cleaner, just needs the rubber seals that the sun kills, paint, and a few minor little things done to be a 9 out of 10 car. Maybe this year I can get the paint done and replace the seals, then put it up for sale. I guess I need to talk to MIKEY 914 soon.
Tom
tod914
Dave, I'd say your 76 certianly fits the bill for the world's nicest. Love to see your car along side Steve's. Two of the best original cars for sure . Froggy with it's bright paint, hides it flaws well. The engine bay doesn't hold a candle to yours. Thanks for the compliment though smile.gif. If you ever get tired of maluga, let me know and we can trade smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.