Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ignition system
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
last337
Can anyone tell me what kind of distributor this is? Is that the condenser attached to the side of it?
Click to view attachment

What is this?

Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
Distributor: I don't see any vacuum dashpot hanging off the side of the distributor body, so it isn't a stock distributor. Probably a "009" centrifugal-only one.

The small sliver can hanging off the side of the distributor is indeed the condensor.

Wire: That's the oil pressure "idiot light" sender. Turns on the oil pressure light when the pressure is very very very low.

--DD
last337
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 11 2013, 07:45 PM) *

Distributor: I don't see any vacuum dashpot hanging off the side of the distributor body, so it isn't a stock distributor. Probably a "009" centrifugal-only one.

The small sliver can hanging off the side of the distributor is indeed the condensor.

Wire: That's the oil pressure "idiot light" sender. Turns on the oil pressure light when the pressure is very very very low.

--DD

Thanks!

Can the idiot light sender be replaced with a oil pressure gauge in same location?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.