Full Version: Great price for oem shift knobs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
Just an fyi -
http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/smart/...29%2C%20Each%20
914Sixer
Really good price at $21.50
Mike Fitton
Come'on do you really think these are any good for $21.50!! If someone decides to buy one report back on the quality. Thanks!
championgt1
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jan 11 2013, 08:41 PM) *

Come'on do you really think these are any good for $21.50!! If someone decides to buy one report back on the quality. Thanks!

I don't have one, but if they are made by Dansk they are probably pretty nice.
Gint
I bought the 915 version for my 911. I couldn't believe the price. Looks great!

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/7148521-post26.html

IPB Image

IPB Image
sixnotfour
made by Dansk oem
euro911
Cool smile.gif
ripper911
That's the same one I've seen at AA. I'm impressed with it, and am thinking of buying one. But if I can find my shift pattern (i think it fell into the slot for the heater control knob) all I would need is some glue...

But, yes. I've seen this product and it looks very nice.
They tell me the ones George has made are nicer, but they're pricey.
tod914
Can you guys tell any difference between the Dansk and the $245.00 Porsche one? That's quite a bargain!
Chris H.
Wow...used to get more than that for a used one with cracks in the clear plastic!
Gint
QUOTE(tod914 @ Jan 12 2013, 07:10 AM) *

Can you guys tell any difference between the Dansk and the $245.00 Porsche one? That's quite a bargain!

Haven't compared them side by side. Who cares? It's $21.50. More than good enough.
tod914
You right Gint. Just curious more than anything.
Gint
I should say, I don't care. There are people that care; Rex or Pat Garvey would I'm sure. I think they're pretty stinkin close. Really. Screamin deal if you want a factory knob.
Niklas
The brand Dansk is from denmark. www.jpgroup.dk.

check in as guest to look on the parts. No prices.

Niklas
watsonrx13
I was just looking at this product this week myself.

Not to hijack this post too much but does anyone know where I can buy the crushed sleeve that goes in the gear shift knob? I see it's no longer available (999 532 001 00) but the 915 sleeve is available (999 532 003 00), can it be used instead?

--- Rob
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Jan 13 2013, 09:24 AM) *

Not to hijack this post too much but does anyone know where I can buy the crushed sleeve that goes in the gear shift knob? I see it's no longer available (999 532 001 00) but the 915 sleeve is available (999 532 001 00), can it be used instead?

--- Rob

I just ordered one of these to replace the aluminum Momo knob that came with the car (and painfully sucks the heat out of my hand this time of year).

I thought it would just mount like any other shift knob.

I do not have a crush sleeve - now what? Epoxy?

Anybody in a warmer clime want a Momo knob?
mepstein
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jan 13 2013, 10:25 AM) *

QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Jan 13 2013, 09:24 AM) *

Not to hijack this post too much but does anyone know where I can buy the crushed sleeve that goes in the gear shift knob? I see it's no longer available (999 532 001 00) but the 915 sleeve is available (999 532 001 00), can it be used instead?

--- Rob

I just ordered one of these to replace the aluminum Momo knob that came with the car (and painfully sucks the heat out of my hand this time of year).

I thought it would just mount like any other shift knob.

I do not have a crush sleeve - now what? Epoxy?

Anybody in a warmer clime want a Momo knob?

Buy a crush sleeve and do it right.
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 13 2013, 10:41 AM) *

Buy a crush sleeve and do it right.

Sounds like they are unobtaininium - where do I get one?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Jan 13 2013, 08:24 AM) *

--- Rob

Ya, I just ordered one the other day. I guess I assumed the sleeve would come with it. idea.gif Hmm now I'm going to assume the 915 sleeve should work and order one.

Edit: Ok, couldn't find the 915 sleeve. Say's NLA
euro911
I'd call Glenn to verify if they fit.

Click Here Part # 999-532-003-00-M100
Mikey914
WOW,
I can't even make these at that price!
Screaming deal.
Try the 911 crush gaskets. That's what I was ordering for those that wanted them. They're about $7.
bcheney
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jan 11 2013, 11:41 PM) *

I bought and installed one over two months ago and it's great! The look and finish are fantastic. Thanks again to Pelican for bringing us a solid product. Glenn Sager at Pelican is the guy to call if you ever want Porsche parts. He is an oustanding guy to deal with...he owns several Porsche's...early 911s...911e and even a 6 conversion.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 13 2013, 10:58 AM) *

I'd call Glenn to verify if they fit.

Click Here Part # 999-532-003-00-M100

Just ordered a second shift knob and two sleeves. Thanks for the number. I didn't see it when I was shopping.
913B
FYI, just got mines there is a crush sleeve INCLUDED inside the knob, dam good price.

Thanks mepstein and Pelican !

beerchug.gif
Gint
I ordered the crush sleeve when I ordered the knob from pelican. It popped up when I was adding the knob to my cart.
Hammy
So these are OEM with the clear plastic? I met a guy who machines the knobs for AA and his did not have the clear plastic.
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ Jan 15 2013, 09:10 PM) *

FYI, just got mines there is a crush sleeve INCLUDED inside the knob, dam good price.

Thanks mepstein and Pelican !

beerchug.gif

Shoot, I ordered a crush sleeve after the fact (for $17 with shipping), but before receiving the knob. headbang.gif

My car came wit hthe Momo Knob so I am not familiar with the crush sleeve or how to install it...

Is this something I might need in the future or should I sell it?
Scott S
Just added one of these to my ever growing PP order.... super cool!
914Sixer
Now I am confused. My knob arrived today BUT there was no crush sleeve in it. I guess I will call PP and see IF they are included. unsure.gif
clapeza
Mine came today, but without a crush sleeve. The description didn't say anything about one, so I didn't expect one. Fortunately, I have one in the "big box of nice parts I'll get around to installing once the rest of the car is worthy"...

It's a beautiful shift knob: the plastic is all smooth and shiny, and the clear plastic is crack and glaze-free!
Rob-O
Got mine this evening and already installed. Came with the crush sleeve (kind of hard to see it as it look slightly different that the OEM sleeve). Fit and finish are awesome. It's so close to stock very few would ever know.

It's significantly lighter than the stock unit, but I'm not sure you will notice once it's on the shifter. If you haven't purchased one already, do yourself a favor and grab one.

ned911
Mine came with 2 aluminum sleeves (2 half circles) that have a larger circumference than the knob base. How does the install work?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.