Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: electrical woes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
last337
Ugh I was all set to set timing and valve clearance today. I pushed car out of shop to clean up before starting. It came time to mo be back into shop and upon turning key I heard a pop and then nothing. Checked all under dash fuses and everything looks good. Pulled connections to relay box in engine compartment and everything looks good. If I turn on hazards I hear them clicking but see no lights. If I turn key on the hazards stop clicking. Where should I start?
last337
Okay so I have been troubleshooting more and I find that the interior lights will also come on but as soon as I turn key they go off as well. I checked all fuses and don't see any problems. Is there a main fuse for ignition switch somewhere? I also pulled wire from coil going to fuel pump and put straight to battery and can hear fuel pump click but not turn on. Its as if the key switch is shorting out everything.
SLITS
Replace the electrical portion of the ignition switch and see if that cures the problems.

They will crack from the heat generated by power thru them and cause all sorts of problems.
last337
I got it after hours of troubleshooting I finally pulled ground off and put new connections and cleaned it all up. That was it! Ugh at least I learned a valuable lesson; always check your grounds properly
Kirmizi
welcome.png
76-914
QUOTE(last337 @ Jan 12 2013, 12:13 PM) *

I got it after hours of troubleshooting I finally pulled ground off and put new connections and cleaned it all up. That was it! Ugh at least I learned a valuable lesson; always check your grounds properly

Especially if it just came back from the paint shop.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.