Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Newest Admin...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
First and foremost, I would like to extend a warm welcome to Clay Perrine who has accepted a position with our Admin team. A 914 fanatic and having worked as a professional mechanic and shop manager, Clay brings a wealth of 914 knowledge to the Admin team. Clay also works for the Evil Empire (Microsoft), and his considerable computer skills will be a help with the "techie" side of running the board. Like his user info says, Clay is from the Dallas/Fort Worth area. He also is on the planning committee for the Mid US Ramble.

Some of you may have noticed that the team has gotten a little bigger lately. That's true. We are expanding the Admin team so we can get some more regional representation. Someone once joked that the 914world.com was "a California group." Well, we all know that's not true, but having leadership spread all over the map helps sell our cause a bit easier!

Welcome, Clay clap56.gif and thank you in advance for all the hard work and headaches you've volunteered for! happy11.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
seanery
Welcome Clay! clap56.gif

Lawrence you told him about the initation fees, right? Did you give him my address for my check? smile.gif
Joe Bob
Let me be the first (edit.. crud the web squatter beat me to it) to abuse....ummm, welcome you....

Good Luck....ya gonna need it.... rolleyes.gif
Aaron Cox
smilie_pokal.gif
Carl
Thanks for volunteering for a (relatively) thankless job.
J P Stein
Don't the Admin guys get free trips to Germany to drive new Porsche models like them magazine guys......blasting around the "Ring" in the Carrera GT & all.....trophy girls, FREE BEER!!!
cooltimes
Congratulations and Thanks Clay.
Great benefit to this site.
Clay is almost morbid in his dedication to the 914 owners.
Now we can find you when we need some early morning 914vice eh.. advice!

MikeCool aka Cooltimes
Jeroen
The real reason why we tricked Clay into the admin team is because we need a new fall guy...
Someone we can blame when the members are b*tching again because we choose to remove or close a thread or to erase profanity.
Just so you know, next time this happens: IT WAS CLAY!!!

Kidding! lol2.gif

Welcome aboard Clay! smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Nov 10 2004, 12:14 PM)
Just so you know, next time this happens: IT WAS CLAY!!!

schweet! smilie_pokal.gif

welcome to the club!
biggrin.gif Andy
ClayPerrine
I just called a tattoo parlor to see how much it costs to have "scapegoat" tattooed on my forhead.
cooltimes
Soon as MikeZ gets the vinyl machine thingy, bet he can cut you a great deal on a removable tattoo.
He may be limited on the size since an adminstrator plo could give a larger area forehead. :-) LOL
Part Pricer
I would say congratulations but I’m not sure that would be appropriate. I’ve moderated forums in my past and it is truly a thankless job. Good luck. Yea, that’s better, good luck.

clap56.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(Paul Heery @ Nov 10 2004, 11:49 AM)
I would say congratulations but I’m not sure that would be appropriate. I’ve moderated forums in my past and it is truly a thankless job. Good luck. Yea, that’s better, good luck.

clap56.gif

Paul:
I see your frame....I have Firefox.....WTF?
rick 918-S
clap56.gif wavey.gif
Part Pricer
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Nov 10 2004, 02:53 PM)

Paul:

Good JP. By using Firefox, you are not vulnerable to this exploit. However, IE users may be. There is a flaw in IE that Microsoft has not patched.
phantom914
QUOTE(Paul Heery @ Nov 10 2004, 12:04 PM)
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Nov 10 2004, 02:53 PM)

Paul:

Good JP. By using Firefox, you are not vulnerable to this exploit. However, IE users may be. There is a flaw in IE that Microsoft has not patched.

Not an issue with XP if SP2 was installed. Right?

Andrew
seanery
that's what the article says.
SirAndy
yeah, i had an buffer overflow the other day, and i tell you, it was ugly!

icon8.gif Andy
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 10 2004, 11:32 AM)
I just called a tattoo parlor to see how much it costs to have "scapegoat" tattooed on my forhead.

You Texans .................. There you go with the goats again! The Cap'n
Gint
Oh no.....

I mean, Congrats Clay!
VegasRacer
Welcome Clay. You're doing a great job so far. beerchug.gif
You have been an administrator for 6 hours so far and you haven't even screwed up once. (yet) I think that's a new record. biggrin.gif
redshift
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 10 2004, 03:32 PM)

LOL!

Don't waste your money, just place the letters upside-down on your desk, and let the face pounding do the work!

headbang.gif

M
Joe Bob
Hey....delete this......
skline
Im not going to welcome a new admin, I am going to send congrats to the new admin. He was already a member and he still is, just has a little more power. Good job!!! beer.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(mikez @ Nov 10 2004, 06:50 PM)
Hey....delete this......

why ???? confused24.gif

laugh.gif Andy
jr91472
Atta boy Clay.....

always the giver
Joe Bob
Douche bag replaced my ass pic....that's a CLASSIC............
redshift
LMAO!~

laughin mike's ass off...
Jeroen
he did what???

happy11.gif
Joe Bob
So George Bush walks into a bar.....runs into Redshift and his pimp....

W asks how much is a munch job.....the priest says....50 bucks, just like Cheney charges....
Allan
I am really sorry, I was stuck on an accident investigation for a client. I welcome you with open arms. I know that maintaining this board has to be a real pain in the a$), Sorry!! But anyway thanks!!!
Brad Roberts
Welcome Clay clap56.gif I'm sure this was a surprise to you... biggrin.gif You share the same passion for these cars as all the other admins and help other 914 people every day... this will just be an extension of what you already do. I also know that you happen to be considered a leader for your area helping out people in NorTex.

Again Welcome..

LB will clue you in on the *benefits* real soon.

B
Brad Roberts
Oh.. BTW... Aaron .. your next.. or may be Howard... tough call.

B
Jenny
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 10 2004, 06:42 PM)
LB will clue you in on the *benefits* real soon.

B

Benefits? blink.gif Admins don't get no stinkin' benefits!!

Jen

Is it a secret handshake? :finger2:
redshift
QUOTE(mikez @ Nov 10 2004, 10:34 PM)
So George Bush walks into a bar.....runs into Redshift and his pimp....

W asks how much is a munch job.....the priest says....50 bucks, just like Cheney charges....

ohmy.gif

CLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brad Roberts
When the Ecomm goes live... admins will benefit...

B
Bleyseng
All Admins get a 5% discount at AA.

That Santa doggy is funny...whos dog is that then? Miles?

Actually, I think its time to get a political thread going..

Geoff biggrin.gif
redshift
The only dog I have is in memory.

I love doggies though, I just can't have any. I miss them when they go, way too much.

sad.gif

M
ThinAir
pray.gif boldblue.gif beerchug.gif Thanks, Clay, for taking on an incredibly important job. I'm sure keeping this zoo going is far more demanding than us normal folks realize. Hopefully we actually make it a fun job instead of making it a pain in the neck. The admins' hard work is very much appreciated!
ClayPerrine
It is now 6:45 AM central time. I am just now seeing the posts from yesterday evening. I went home yesterday after work and ACTUALLY WORKED ON MY 914!!! smilie_pokal.gif

Guys I appreciate the confidence and I am here during the day, but I am NOT here 24 hours. Got to have some time to work on the 914s. Whoever on the admin team replaced the pict of Zois' butt......THANK YOU!!!! I think that would probably make me go blind.

FYI.. I put new stainless steel fuel lines in my car on Saturday, and I took pictures of the process. So we should have a new How TO article soon. I just have to get in there and finish up the last details.
Joe Bob
6:19 on the coast....laying wood floor planks......might be able to use my new bedroom and bath after two years of construction......

Wyld Thang gets thrown of the top rack and Manfred goes up this afternoon.....oil leak fix and we can terrorize the neighborhood....

Oh yeah...thank a vet.....
Gint
QUOTE(ClayPerrine Posted on Nov 11 2004 @ 05:54 AM)
FYI.. I put new stainless steel fuel lines in my car on Saturday, and I took pictures of the process. So we should have a new How TO article soon. I just have to get in there and finish up the last details.
Can't wait. I've got at least a month before I'll need it.
ThinAir
agree.gif The How-To on fuel lines is just in time. Right after I get my clutch tube fixed, new fuel lines are the next project. After that I put in the new engine and I'll be ready for WCC2005. Every time I think about it, it seems like I'm already short on time so the sooner you post it, the better for me. Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.