Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Custom hydraulic hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_1.8t
I need to get a hose to run from the pedal cluster back to my tranny and am looking for some hydraulic hoses.

Is there someone local (bay area) that makes customer hydraulic hoses or sells them?
mattillac
why not use a hardline for most of the length you need and adapt some brake lines or something at each end? just and idea. tools and supplies to flare your own brake/hydraulic lines are pretty cheap.
Mueller
QUOTE(mattillac @ Nov 10 2004, 12:55 PM)
why not use a hardline for most of the length you need and adapt some brake lines or something at each end? just and idea. tools and supplies to flare your own brake/hydraulic lines are pretty cheap.

that would be fine if the threaded fittings are indeed brake line style fittings...
mattillac
QUOTE(Mueller @ Nov 10 2004, 12:32 PM)
QUOTE(mattillac @ Nov 10 2004, 12:55 PM)

that would be fine if the threaded fittings are indeed brake line style fittings...

true. just throwing out ideas. or maybe throwing up ideas? barf.gif
914GT
I'd consider steel tubing if running down the center tunnel, then flex brake line or custom hose to the slave cylinder. This is only from experience of having to replace hoses every 5 years or so on an Acura. It would suck to have a rubber hose burst inside the tunnel and making a mess of things, in addition to having to pull it all out and replace it.

For custom hydraulic hoses, see if you can find a Granberry Supply in your area.
http://www.granberry.com/default.asp
914_1.8t
QUOTE(914GT @ Nov 10 2004, 01:00 PM)
I'd consider steel tubing if running down the center tunnel, then flex brake line or custom hose to the slave cylinder. This is only from experience of having to replace hoses every 5 years or so on an Acura. It would suck to have a rubber hose burst inside the tunnel and making a mess of things, in addition to having to pull it all out and replace it.

For custom hydraulic hoses, see if you can find a Granberry Supply in your area.
http://www.granberry.com/default.asp

Thanks, I'll give em a call tomorrow.

The problem is that on either end (master cyl and slave cyl) it requires a unique fitting that i believe is specific to the audi trannies/ms. I will have to take the stock hosing/fitting and cut the hose, then add my hose in between.
mattillac
talk to your local machine shop. maybe they can make you some adapters to attatch a standard sized fitting to?
Trekkor
Call Jim Cole at B&B Foriegn Car service in Napa
He can make a custom line for you with any fittings you need.

707-255-7588

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.