Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat height and floorboard modifications for racin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nein14-6
Does anyone know the rules for weather or not the floorboard below the seat can be modified so that the seat can be placed lower in the car? I am asking specifically for SCCA production rules but would also like to know for other organizations. The reason I ask is that my head is real close to the roof of the car and I already have the seat bolted to the floor and firewall so it can not be placed lower without modification. I have passed all the safety inspections but I still don’t like it. The seat is an Ultra shield Aluminum one and it is 20 deg layback (the most if I am not mistaken on this seat)

Thanks,
Rob
machina
We had to cut out the support that runs across the passenger compartment on the driver's side. Then we fabricated a steel frame to mount the seat that ties into the harness mounts, was the only way I could fit in the car with my helmet.

Pretty sure it is %100 legal for production class but chris knows more about that.

Hard to see in the pics so I included a few. smile.gif
nein14-6
Thanks, I'll look into that
redshift
QUOTE(synthesisdv @ Nov 10 2004, 03:09 PM)
Hard to see in the pics so I included a few. smile.gif

I could look at 100's more of that beautiful work!

Man I have to get you guys together at my place while I am away for a few week to build me a car

Use your own punctuation!

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.