Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '76 914 Assembled at the Porsche Factory
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dcheek
There is a post in the For Sale section for a '76 914, stating it's the only 914 built at the Porsche factory (other than the 914-6). Is this true?

Dave
billh1963
The 6 models were as well. Even if true I don't think it makes a difference in build quality.
DEC
The Porsche factory has never builded a -4.

All -4 really all were builded at Karmann.

Like all bodies for the -6
dcheek
QUOTE(DEC @ Jan 13 2013, 05:49 AM) *

The Porsche factory has never builded a -4.

All -4 really all were builded at Karmann.

Like all bodies for the -6

This is what I thought. I've owned my car since day one (December 1975) and never heard this.

Dave
sixerdon
I am shocked that Craig would make such a statement being around fixing and selling 914's all these years. I would be curious only to learn where he got that information.
DEC has got it right....only to ad that sixes were completed with engine, running gear and suspension installation done at Porsche.

Don
stugray
You can bet that "Some" of the 914-4s were assembled at the Porsche factory prior to going into full production as prototypes.

1 - would one of the prototypes ever make it into the public? - probably not

2 - By 76, would porsche ever build a prototype at the Porsche factory? By then, probably not!

So I say " Highly unlikely" - If it was a 70-71 with an unusual VIN, then maybe.

Stu
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.