Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Header drawing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DEC
Hi,
Has anyone a drawing for the 914-6 Headers with or w/o heat exchangers?
In the best case with dimensions.
I must build my own ones.

Thanks
DEC
icon_bump.gif

no one?
carr914
I could get you some rough dimensions off these

Click to view attachment

DEC
Hi T.C.
That would be great

Thx
larryM
why not just take a set of 911 headers & cut 'em up & copy them in reverse

- adding as much length as it turns out you need depending on if you are using a stock muffler or megaphones?

p.s. - i bought one of carr914's sets last year

RON S.
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 17 2013, 03:31 AM) *

Click to view attachment

I'm not trying to Hijack the thread, but T.C. what do you happen to know what BRAND of headers those are??

I have an old set of those hanging on the wall, and have never know the maker.
brant
I'm pretty sure that those are euro headers
Luke M
QUOTE(RON S. @ Jan 20 2013, 07:24 AM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 17 2013, 03:31 AM) *

Click to view attachment

I'm not trying to Hijack the thread, but T.C. what do you happen to know what BRAND of headers those are??

I have an old set of those hanging on the wall, and have never know the maker.

Hi Ron,

If you decide to sell your headers let me know. I'm looking for a pr. for my 914-6 2.7 RS build. Think 1 5/8 '' is what I need but have heard others say 1 1/2 '' ID maybe best for my setup.

Luke

carr914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 17 2013, 05:31 AM) *

Click to view attachment

DEC, I'm going to try to get to this for you today
larryM

I have 2 sets of this "flat collector" style - both 1 5/8"

- my first set was acquired circa 1992-3 and i don't recall who from, but i was buying a lot of stuff from Automotion in Sunnyvale back then - i don't believe they were from Europe in any case

- i have an old advert picture from Patrick MS showing this "flat collector" style set was for sale by them - don't know the brand, or mfgr,

- they now sell a different style

insofar as a source in Germany for 914-6 headers - try this old discussion

posted on Pelican by peterrutt Dec 06:

"We found a guy in Germany who makes replicas of original 911 Rally exhausts. This system has short megaphones with 2" entries running from the standard headers running out to 3" at the entries to the (modified) silencer box.

Silencer Box is completely empty, the 3inch pipes run straight through & straight out to the back - they have internal holes to allow some pulse venting within the box.

We race a 2 litre 911 in European FIA races (no noise regs) and also in UK - 105Db max. 2 litre motor on Solexes, 'S' cams, Porsche headers to be legal, but downstream from the headers anything goes.

We had a big problem with gas reversion in the intake section - motor would hardly pull until 5ooorpm. THEN it went well...

With these fitted, almost no reversion, engine now pulls well from 4000 & top end is clean - dyno said 196HP"

QUOTE(brant @ Jan 20 2013, 06:26 AM) *

I'm pretty sure that those are euro headers

brant
euro is a brand made in I believe nevada.
George Nobel I believe is his name.

not european... just a brand name.
carr914
Wilco, Sorry for the Delay, I had gotten them out, but then forgotten about them!

The Measurement are all in Inches, so I'm sure you will have to Convert to Metric

The Inside Diameter of the Pipes are 1 1/2 Inches

Passenger Side

Front to Rear - 36 1/2
Front to Collector Flange - 29
Widest Point - 13

Drivers Side

Front to Rear - 38 3/4
Front to Collector - 31
Widest - 11 1/2

I tried to measure individual pipes but my measurement would be guesses due to the bends. I will say that the Pipes are Not Equal Lengths

T.C.

also here is a Link to European Headers WebSite, even though mine don't look quite like European's

http://europeanracingheaders.com/products/914-6/

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
Those headers look like Triads.
http://www.triadwestperformance.com/Products.htm
Dave_Darling
Not quite, the tube for the forward cylinder on the Triad set is straight. The one in T.C.'s pics bends inboard.

--DD
brant
George Nobel, european racing....
its like I'm invisible here

and larry, don't believe that old info from 2006
reversion is not the problem it used to be thought to be
that guy should of tried a cross over pipe in his exhaust if he wanted to solve his problem all of those years ago

sheeesh....

brant
sixnotfour
Did somebody just reply ?? Does George make two styles of six headers ?? the ones I have seen have slip joints welded and need extensions. Or am I all wet ??

DEC
T.C.
Many thanks for the measurement.
That's helps me a lot.

carr914
thumb3d.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(brant @ Feb 1 2013, 12:18 PM) *

brant

Who is that apparition standing in the corner over there?

No Brant, you are to tall to be invisible ... av-943.gif
Luke M
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 1 2013, 03:53 PM) *

Did somebody just reply ?? Does George make two styles of six headers ?? the ones I have seen have slip joints welded and need extensions. Or am I all wet ??

These are the same headers that PMS sells. I called them a few weeks ago about a pr. I was told what they have in stock is it. The manufacture is no longer making them. I do not recall who makes them but this is what I was told by James at PMS.

Luke
brant
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 2 2013, 08:09 AM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Feb 1 2013, 12:18 PM) *

brant

Who is that apparition standing in the corner over there?

No Brant, you are to tall to be invisible ... av-943.gif

I'm actually not that tall
in fact, I just got a PM from Clay informing me that he is taller than me.......
John
I heard from my dad that George Narbel of European Racing Headers had passed away. I sold off a set of 911 headers a couple of weeks ago. The second poster had a set of 914-6 headers that appear identical to the ones on our 3.2 track car. They came from European Racing Headers. Later on, some folks that made these had a falling out and George Narbel continued an outfit called European Racing, but his later 914-6 headers were short and came with extensions. To the best of my knowledge, the 914-6 headers from Triad West are most like the original "914-6 European Racing Headers" from back in the day.

I know it's confusing, but these were probably never made up in a factory, but rather in someones personal shop. It's just the way of things in the 914 community.

just my $0.02
sixnotfour
RIP George Narbel

I just received this Email:

Hi Jeff! This is Joel from GT Racing. We are now the owners of European Racing Headers. We have purchased all of the jigs and equipment to make the 914-6 headers from European Racing Headers. The operation is moving and we should be all set up in about a month. After the initial set up, it will probably take a few weeks to get manufacturing going.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Please let me know if you need anything from me.

Sincerely,

Joel Godfredson (President/Owner)

GT Racing

3407 North Prospect Street

Colorado springs, CO 80907

719-667-0343

http://www.gt-racing.com/
Eric_Shea
Has anybody heard from Brant lately? confused24.gif
brant
I used to race wheel to wheel with Hank Godfredson in Colorado Springs...

Joel's dad I assume.

I'm going to have to look for that picture from the atomic ramble and see if Clay is taller than me or not?
euro911
I've shrunk more than an inch within the past two years, if it weren't bad enough already sad.gif

Gravity is not my friend dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.