Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wheel bearings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jdlmodelt
I made minor progress on my 914 this weekend. Installed fog lights and horns. Nearly done assembling. I started it so I could hear it run for a few minutes. We got snow again so my road is all iced up again. On another note. I have a Honda Ridgeline and had to replace the front driver's side wheel bearing. Well, apparently, there are two different seals on the bearing and one of them is shiny stainless steel, the other has a brown rubber coating on it and it is magnetic and it is essential for ABS, 4x4, vehicle stabilizing routine, etc....well, I destroyed the original bearing just removing it and didn't think I needed to pay attention to any unique features...after all its just a bearing right? Haha...Well after three weeks of no 4x4 and snowy weather returning...I put it in the garage and removed the spindle and yes, 50/50 chance that I could put it in with the special seal facing the wrong way and I did it. blink.gif Pressed it out and put it back in the right way and after a couple of hours of VERY cold garage, everything works properly again. I asked three mechanics if there was anything special about the two different seals and they all said it didn't matter which way I oriented the bearing. Hmmmm.....I guess they haven't done a Honda Ridgeline yet.
Anyway, just wanted all you to be aware of that if you run into the same repair some day. Have a great day! w00t.gif
914Sixer
Some days you just have to hold your mouth right and smile! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.