Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone have a lead on a 914-6 for sale?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
houdan914
I am not tuned into the market like many of you. I just love the Porsche brand and the 914 specifically is my all time favorite.

I have a 75 solid Anacona Blue, 1.8 with a big bore and cam kit.

My first 914 in college was a 74 signal orange 1.8. Loved the car. Got married in it.

I strongly want a signal orange again. My thoughts are if I go there, why not go all the way and get an original 6.

Does anyone have advice or help on locating and purchasing one for a guy who would treat it like family?

I know of 1 in California but they want $49,000 for it. Is this the money I will have to pay? Is that one a fair deal? Just seems high to me.

Any help or thoughts would be very much appreciated. driving.gif
Free bump ...it's always good to know where one's located smile.gif
houdan914
QUOTE(396 @ Jan 13 2013, 01:29 PM) *

Free bump ...it's always good to know here one's located smile.gif

Yes it is. That is what I am hoping to get some help here for. I assume most of you know of each and every 6 listed out there.

BTW, what is a "bump" refer to on this site?
Cairo94507
"bump" is just someone posting to keep the thread at the top.

I would expect to pay low to mid 30's for a clean (unrestored) original six.
Mike Bellis
I know a guy around the corner that has one but I don't think it's for sale. It almost never leaves the garage...
houdan914
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jan 13 2013, 02:02 PM) *

I know a guy around the corner that has one but I don't think it's for sale. It almost never leaves the garage...

I would pay in the 30s, which was my original number I believed they sold for. I just have had a hard time finding any lately.

If your neighbor wants to sell..... chowtime.gif
914Sixer
The 914-6's were always scarce to begin with. You have to be ready to move on one if it comes available. I have owned 3 and regretted selling each one. I have the 914 gene that makes you keep wanting something better. 74 LE's are even more rare than the -6 with a little over 200 accounted for.
303racing
QUOTE(houdan914 @ Jan 13 2013, 11:18 AM) *

I am not tuned into the market like many of you. I just love the Porsche brand and the 914 specifically is my all time favorite.

My first 914 in college was a 74 signal orange 1.8. Loved the car. Got married in it.

I strongly want a signal orange again. My thoughts are if I go there, why not go all the way and get an original 6.

Does anyone have advice or help on locating and purchasing one for a guy who would treat it like family?

I know of 1 in California but they want $49,000 for it. Is this the money I will have to pay? Is that one a fair deal? Just seems high to me.

PM sent
carr914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 13 2013, 08:28 PM) *

The 914-6's were always scarce to begin with. You have to be ready to move on one if it comes available. I have owned 3 and regretted selling each one. I have the 914 gene that makes you keep wanting something better. 74 LE's are even more rare than the -6 with a little over 200 accounted for.

I've owned quite a few -6s and they go for for Good - Extreme money

Please let's not talk aboot LE's ( a regular 914 2.0 with a Bad Paint Job IMHO)
Lavanaut
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 13 2013, 11:57 AM) *

I would expect to pay low to mid 30's for a clean (unrestored) original six.

5 years ago maybe. Show me a clean, unrestored original six that's sold in the low 30s recently.
mettelman
There was a beautiful and very original Orange 914-6 advertised in Excellence Magazine a few months ago. Asking price was $58,000. I spoke with the owner too late ... he had just sold it for well over $50,000. Having spent months looking for a 'six, I would be surprised if you could find anything decent for less than $40,000.
richardL
This very early car is in Europe and I believe is still available. It was a factory demonstrator in the UK and appeared in many magazines. It has appeared in mags several times more over the years and been displayed at various Porsche dealerships (like the Boxster introduction).

It would be VERY expensive to buy.

If you are interested I can connect you with the owner.

Click to view attachment
Jgilliam914
Well you might be able to find one that needs " a little work" and tackle that labor of love and end up having about 60k in it when your done slap.gif
houdan914
QUOTE(Jgilliam914 @ Jan 15 2013, 02:18 PM) *

Well you might be able to find one that needs " a little work" and tackle that labor of love and end up having about 60k in it when your done slap.gif

Sounds like a reality check for me on the six. I would love one, but price may drive me to either a really nice four or a conversion Six.

Thanks for all of the input.
houdan914
QUOTE(richardL @ Jan 15 2013, 01:49 PM) *

This very early car is in Europe and I believe is still available. It was a factory demonstrator in the UK and appeared in many magazines. It has appeared in mags several times more over the years and been displayed at various Porsche dealerships (like the Boxster introduction).

Click to view attachment

Thanks Richard, but very expensive is not in the plan. Beautiful car though!
carr914
A Good "Real" -6 will cost you $35 - 75k

Conversions are a lot of fun - usually more performance & you don't have to worry about it 100% of the time

I've had 7 Real -6s (3 at one time) and a few Conversions. My next -6 will be a Conversion - Very Good one can be had for $10-20k
houdan914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 15 2013, 09:16 PM) *

A Good "Real" -6 will cost you $35 - 75k

Conversions are a lot of fun - usually more performance & you don't have to worry about it 100% of the time

I've had 7 Real -6s (3 at one time) and a few Conversions. My next -6 will be a Conversion - Very Good one can be had for $10-20k

Would you know of a really good conversion for sale in that range?
carr914
Keep your eyes here in the Classifieds or put up a WTB.

Just a few of the great cars in the last year were my Steel Top, Elliot's Yellow Zonker & that Yellow Canyon Carver from Colorado- Fantastic cars at great prices (definately in that Price Range)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
porsha916
Click to view attachmenthi, I don't want to highjack your thread but, if you come across the orange 914-6 I owned from 1976-1980, could let me know. biggrin.gif
Thanks
Bill
rgolia
http://www.autotraderclassics.com/classic-...sationId=603079

How about this one
Hawk
QUOTE(rgolia @ Jan 17 2013, 12:03 PM) *

Probably gone now
houdan914
QUOTE(rgolia @ Jan 17 2013, 11:03 AM) *

Already sold a few days ago. Thanks though for the link.
rgolia
it would have cost some good cash to get to where you wanted it. Go for a nice 2.0.....73 or 74 close to original and have fun with it.
Speedmster
QUOTE(richardL @ Jan 15 2013, 02:49 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Reminds me of Fagan's 6 in it's brief stay at Porsche HQ in Reading. That's one mighty fine looking 6.
pvl959
QUOTE(houdan914 @ Jan 13 2013, 02:18 PM) *

there is an oem 914-6 that is being restored at RestorePorsche.com
its the #10 link, engine just redone and looks brand new as the car will
be when complete in its original orange paint.
If you want a fresh restore, its an option.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.