Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight body covers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Type 47
So many 914's have uneven headlight body covers; even really nice ones.

are they that hard to get right or is it a lack of attention to detail?

What's the secret to making them dead on left, right, up, down even?
David J
Here are the locations to adjust the covers - well documented with pictures:

http://www.914world.com/specs/headlight_adjustment.php
VaccaRabite
Holy crap.
I never knew about that adjustment. I have been fighting this forever. I've never even seen that adjustment nut on my car.

Now I have something else to do before spring.
Tom_T
It's a common points ding in our PCA Zone 8 concours which our Zone CdE Chair still uses as an example for body panel alignment in the judges schools & pre-event judges briefings, even though we don't have very many 914s anymore!

...same with the eyebrows' adjustments via the rubber buffers & bolts.

That's a pretty good instruction on here that David J found, and the haynes manual & factory manuals have it covered too.
7TPorsh
If your car was hit in front and repaired at some point, your boxes and attachment points may not all line up correctly.

Going through this issue now.
Jeff Hail
They never align when rounding a turn with spirit. The driver won't be able to tell from the seat but the opposing photographer will. Ah just a little 914 humor!
mittelmotor
Misaligned headlight covers and eyebrows (or "bags," since they're under the eyes?) were a definite deal-breaker when I was shopping for mine. If they're off, it's the first thing that catches your attention.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.