Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wheel balancing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rmital
need wheels balanced. called Euro-Tire, Fairfield NJ. $19.99 each.
does that sound normal?? confused24.gif

it's been a while...when getting tires on my Toyota, mounting and balancing seemed much cheaper. I know, different, but still.
OU8AVW
It seems high until you consider an hourly rate. You're only talking $80 for about an hour of work. It's cheaper when you buy tires because their labor is a loss leader. Firestone did mine for $40 but i buy allot of tires/batteries from them so they know me. Also, i had my wheels off of the car for them.
rmital
QUOTE(OU8AVW @ Jan 14 2013, 01:36 PM) *

It seems high until you consider an hourly rate. You're only talking $80 for about an hour of work. It's cheaper when you buy tires because their labor is a loss leader. Firestone did mine for $40 but i buy allot of tires/batteries from them so they know me. Also, i had my wheels off of the car for them.

...I'll be taking them off the car too and delivering them.
don't mind the price, just would feel better about it when more educated on the situation.

and expect them to do the best job to.
76-914
WalMart did mine last year for $8 ea.
VaccaRabite
Are there TPS plug? in the wheel?

My local shop charges a bit more if you have TPG valves for a mount and balance, as they have to try and be careful not to damage the valve. I paid about $20 per wheel last month to have 4 new (bought online) tires mounted there.

Zach
Spoke
If that is lifetime balancing, then its in line.

National Tire & Battery charges the same price for lifetime balancing and rotation. Bring it back any time to have the tires rotated and re-balanced.
carr914
I pay about that for Mounting & Balancing
somd914
Just had tires mounted and balanced on my DD - bought tires on line, took car and tires in - $18 each at Mr Tire. Also our Mr Tire always runs a $20 deal for rotation and balancing - great deal for my DD but wouldn't trust them with the 914. With that said I think $20/ea is high.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.