Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 2.0 liter FI System
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mhenderson57
I have a complete fuel injection system from a 73 2.0 liter engine. It was taken off and boxed up during carb swap. Will try to post photos soon. $400 + shipping.

Thanks,
Matt
houdan914
QUOTE(mhenderson57 @ Jan 14 2013, 05:47 PM) *

I have a complete fuel injection system from a 73 2.0 liter engine. It was taken off and boxed up during carb swap. Will try to post photos soon. $400 + shipping.

Thanks,
Matt

Question...and maybe thisis not the right forum for this question. Sorry if its not.

Why do so many 914 owners take off the factory FI and replace it with carbs? I dont get it. Was it maintenance or parts?

FI is quieter, better performance and gas mileage. And it makes your car more valuable from what I have seen.

Any reason?

Good luck with the sale. Looks like a good price.
914itis
The easiest way to get some extra power.
914werke
QUOTE(914itis @ Jan 14 2013, 08:00 PM) *

The easiest way to get some extra power.

lol-2.gif av-943.gif
biosurfer1
parts are getting harder and harder to find in good condition...multiply that by 10x and you'll get to FI parts.

Carbs are an easier answer that are pretty much bolt on. I switched to carbs when I changed to my 2.0 but that was because it came with Webers. I will say the carbs don't always run perfectly, but they always run. I can't say the same for my previous FI.
drgchapman
Why was the FI removed? What part(s) failed?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.