Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vin# not matching
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jgilliam914
I recently stripped my teener down to it's shell. I noticed that when I tore the dash out that the # was 5 higher than the actual vin plate and the vin does match on the inner fender well as it does behind the windshield. I am thinking (Franz) must have been in a hurry that day or it might have been right after his 6 pack lunch.
Anybody ever find anything odd while doing your restore??
Mike Bellis
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Jgilliam914
Yeah I suppose your right! I will UNCOVER the vin on both the A pillar and inner fenderwell and take pics of all 3. I am preparing it for primer and it wont add that much more time to it! biggrin.gif
Jeffs9146
It seems to me we talked about this a few years ago and the understanding was that the dashes were delivered to assembly at the same time as the chassis but when assembled they just grabbed what was closest! confused24.gif
ConeDodger
Has it ever been in Atlanta? w00t.gif
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 14 2013, 09:50 PM) *

Has it ever been in Atlanta? w00t.gif

biggrin.gif
Jgilliam914
av-943.gif that's funny!! It has seen 35 of the lower 48 and a few provinces in Canada in the years I have owned it. As far as I know she has never seen the SE part of the US. And probably pulled over for speeding in each and every one confused24.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Jgilliam914 @ Jan 15 2013, 05:56 AM) *

av-943.gif that's funny!! It has seen 35 of the lower 48 and a few provinces in Canada in the years I have owned it. As far as I know she has never seen the SE part of the US. And probably pulled over for speeding in each and every one confused24.gif

Well see, there's this place in Atlanta where VIN#s are... Shall we say - interchangeable? blink.gif
JFJ914
QUOTE(Jgilliam914 @ Jan 14 2013, 07:31 PM) *

I recently stripped my teener down to it's shell. I noticed that when I tore the dash out that the # was 5 higher than the actual vin plate and the vin does match on the inner fender well as it does behind the windshield. I am thinking (Franz) must have been in a hurry that day or it might have been right after his 6 pack lunch.
Anybody ever find anything odd while doing your restore??

The VIN isn't on the dash. The Karmann # is, it should match the trunk # and the Karmann body plate on the drivers door frame. George didn't have anything to do with it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.