Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need two pieces of sheet metal - yesterday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gint
IPB Image
Restoration Designs seat reinforcement
Page 2 description about halfway down

Pelican doesn't have these on the shelf, and they say that RD is on vacation. I've been trying to call RD for 2 days now and that would explain the lack of response.

Does anybody know where I can get a set of these right away? Personal stash, vendor, I don't care, I need to get a set as quickly as possible.
ChrisFoley
The word I heard was not "vacation", it was "heart attack".
I think you're SOL for now, unless you want to try AA. rolleyes.gif
Gint
I have bought parts since Bill had bypass surgery. Did he have a heart attack after that? That was what I was worried about actually. But all I know is what I'm told.

Are you referring to the previous ailment?

And the question still stands, does anyone know where I can get a set now? Besides AA of course.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 10 2004, 10:10 PM)
Are you referring to the previous ailment?

Unfortunately all I have to go on is a vague memory that someone mentioned to me this week that Bill Frye (sp) had a heart attack and RD was closed for now. I didn't even know his name before, and I can't remember who told me this either, so it's just rumor.
I need some pieces for a restoration I'm currently involved in, so I hope they aren't down for long.
MattR
This must be very recent. I got an engine shelf from RD through pelican less then a month ago.
Gint
It is. I bought $500 worth of schtuff a month or so ago. It was prior to that. I mentioned it at the time and asked if he was up to snuff.

Hopefully they are just vacationing this time.
Rusty
It will be a sad day when he does hang up his hat for good. Maybe one of us should buy out the dies when that happens.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Jenny
Have you tried HPH? I don't know how soon they can get it out to you though...

Jen
Allan
I think I would give it another day or two. This is a small company. Bob has followed up on everything I have or havent bought from him with many calls. (From him) If you don't get a call back in a timely manner, I would be concerned about him.
Gint
QUOTE(Jenny Posted on Nov 10 2004 @ 08:42 PM)
Have you tried HPH? I don't know how soon they can get it out to you though...

Thanks Jen, but I need to get them soon...

QUOTE(Headrage Posted on Nov 10 2004 @ 08:45 PM)
I think I would give it another day or two. This is a small company. Bob has followed up on everything I have or havent bought from him with many calls. (From him) If you don't get a call back in a timely manner, I would be concerned about him.

I know all of that. Except for Bob. I've always dealt with Bill. And been quite pleased with the customer service. Do you mean Bill? Bill had bypass surgery a few months back. And yes, I am concerned unless what I was told is correct that they are vacationing as I said before.

This thread was not meant as a complaint in any form. I simply need the parts ASAP.

Anybody?
Allan
Sorry, I meant Bill. I talked to him about 4 or 5 weeks ago and he seemed fine.
Gint
I still need these pieces.

Anybody know who might have them on the shelf?
Ferg
Gint, have you called Carquip yet? Longshot, but there right here. I could even pick them up for you. Ferg
Eric_Shea
Gint's covered. We picked them up from RD today.

Bill is alive and well BTW.
Gint
Your Dad rules.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 11 2004, 04:08 PM)
Bill is alive and well BTW.

I'm glad to hear my info was outdated.
Eric_Shea
Your Dad rules.

I kinda agree wub.gif

It's his anniversary today to boot. smilie_pokal.gif

He's slugged more 914's, 911's 914 parts and 911 parts across country for me than I care to repeat here. When I said "They're for Mike" he said "Oh, yeah... OK" (It gets a little weird when your Dad knows your 914 buds across the country.)

At 74 he was right there to help me grab my tub from Brad's shop. Say "Road Trip" and Pops is in the car.

Anywhooo... they should be here Monday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.