Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: carpet glue to use?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jdlmodelt
What adhesive do I need to use to secure the carpet?
jdlmodelt
is the carpet glued in on the 72 or how is it secured?
bump!
McMark
You only need to glue the side/longitudinal pieces, and the forward inner fender pieces. Do yourself a favor and don't glue down the floor pieces or the center tunnel piece. You will be in a situation where you want those pieces out in the future. I'll bet $5 on it. wink.gif

3M HiStrength 90 Spray Adhesive.
IPB Image
jdlmodelt
thank you! beerchug.gif
tod914
You can get away with no glue. The longs are held in place by the threshold strips and speaker pods. None of my carpet pieces are glued in. It's a mess to undue like Mark mentioned. Velcro strips might be a good alternative.
AvalonFal
On the longs, I just used regular double sided carpet tape. Holds the carpet in place and easy to peel off. Used nothing on the floor and tunnel sections and I'm glad because I've pulled them up several times since installing.
Paul
andys
I went with carpet tape as well, though I did do the floor sections. For me, they slide around too much if you don't.

Andys
Drums66
....Don't do it!..Don't glue it! idea.gif
bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif
tod914
What brand carpet tape did you guys use? The stuff I got at Home Depot wouldn't stick to the backing of the carpet.
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(Drums66 @ Jan 15 2013, 03:34 PM) *

....Don't do it!..Don't glue it! idea.gif
bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif

I won't glue it. I'll try carpet tape if there is some consensus as to what kind to use?
larss
QUOTE(AvalonFal @ Jan 15 2013, 11:06 PM) *

On the longs, I just used regular double sided carpet tape. Holds the carpet in place and easy to peel off. Used nothing on the floor and tunnel sections and I'm glad because I've pulled them up several times since installing.
Paul

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.