Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Danny Hunter running914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
02loftsmoor
For whats its worth,, I had contacted Danny earlier before every thing blewup. Any Way Danny sent me a 2.0 Crank assembly, Rods, Knurled pistons, and a new set of rings, on my word that I wold pay him after inspecting the parts. I haven't had time to meaure the crank but all the aparts are clean and look good.

For what it's worth Danny Hunter came through..

any Questions PM me please

Wes
76-914
Not worth too much to me. AFAIC, the guy has stromberg.gif in his mess kit.
wndsnd
Appears one of the lucky ones.....
monkeyboy
I ordered a small part from him and I got it too. I really think it was just the one bad deal.
mepstein
NO! He ripped me off as well. He's a sociopath.
rhodyguy
let us know how everything mics out.
dfelz
I ordered some FG parts from him a few months ago and everything turned out just fine. But a guy, Awino, who I just sold some parts to is out $400 from Danny, he never sent the parts to him and won't return any form of contact Aaron has attempted.... It definitely wasn't just one bad deal, there's a handful if members that are out some cash because of him.... It's a shame
wndsnd
QUOTE(monkeyboy @ Jan 16 2013, 11:05 AM) *

I ordered a small part from him and I got it too. I really think it was just the one bad deal.

I assure you it is not one bad deal. He is shut down on 4 forums and I have a full inbox of pm's of people getting screwed. The guy is inconsistant. He stole $500 from me.
wndsnd
QUOTE(02loftsmoor @ Jan 16 2013, 10:33 AM) *

For whats its worth,, I had contacted Danny earlier before every thing blewup. Any Way Danny sent me a 2.0 Crank assembly, Rods, Knurled pistins, and a new set of rings, on my word that I wold pay him after inspecting the parts. I haven't had time to meaure the crank but all the aparts are clean and look good.

Wes

If you pay him I might be able to get my money back... beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
edit out non-crucial info and post the pms john.
02loftsmoor
I heard you had problems

QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jan 16 2013, 10:37 AM) *

I assure you it is not one bad deal. He is shut down on 4 forums and I have a full inbox of pm's of people getting screwed. The guy is inconsistant. He stole $500 from me.

02loftsmoor
LOL ok i'm sending out the check

QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jan 16 2013, 10:39 AM) *

QUOTE(02loftsmoor @ Jan 16 2013, 10:33 AM) *

For whats its worth,, I had contacted Danny earlier before every thing blewup. Any Way Danny sent me a 2.0 Crank assembly, Rods, Knurled pistins, and a new set of rings, on my word that I wold pay him after inspecting the parts. I haven't had time to meaure the crank but all the aparts are clean and look good.

Wes

If you pay him I might be able to get my money back... beerchug.gif

02loftsmoor
I need to find some one to help me with this, I need to locate the min/max tolernce .

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 16 2013, 10:12 AM) *

let us know how everything mics out.

carr914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 16 2013, 11:09 AM) *

NO! He ripped me off as well. He's a sociopath.

agree.gif , I was Lucky our Deal never went through & then his Mommy got involved

QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jan 16 2013, 11:37 AM) *

02loft, You should send the Money to wndsnd, that way everybody is even! blink.gif
ConeDodger
You know it's nice that some didn't get ripped off. My wife had a meeting yesterday with one of her clients who owns three body shops. She asked me to come along because he is doing some work on my my 240Z to make it a BRE replica. She asked him how he built his business to the value it was at. He said consistent reliability...

TC's right, if you haven't paid him, send your money to those who have been ripped off.
SirAndy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 16 2013, 09:25 AM) *
if you haven't paid him, send your money to those who have been ripped off.

Legally speaking (and i'm not a lawyer) that has to be the worst advice so far in this whole mess.

I like TC, but please don't listen to him ...
poke.gif
914outlaw
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jan 16 2013, 10:45 AM) *

Appears one of the lucky ones.....

I would just go back there and take the engine? Call the police and tell them that he sold it to you and won't deliver it. Bring the police along to pick it up if you have to.
carr914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 16 2013, 12:33 PM) *

I like TC, but please don't listen to him ...
poke.gif

I'm not a Lawyer, but I used to be Married to One, so definately don't listen to me laugh.gif
rmital
I purchased a distributor from Danny early December. After a bunch of emails and some confusion, I got my tracking number and recieved my part in a reasonable amount of time. It's in my car and functional.

The price we agreed on was $90; he charged me $95.
he said his mother made the mistake when processing...it's her business that's behind his financial processing I guess (HUNTERS NOTARY 610 258 2701 * PA). He agreed to send me a $5 bill in the mail (never got it)....I guess that a $5 lesson for me. I got off easy.

I had the pleasure of meeting wndsnd/John last night. He's in town, we had dinner and talked 914 stuff and bad business transactions.
John is a great guy/addition to our "Eclectic Group".
He just wants to get a sound engine/short block and drop it in his car and drive!
....$500 loss on a already tight restore budget just sucks. He's maintaining a good attitude....better man than me.....
it would be nice if by chance a nice short block fell into his lap shades.gif
wndsnd
Actually what started all this the dANNY was a WTB[b]. running. 2.0. I posted on various sites. PleasePM if you know of one. I will also consider a complete FI 1.7 in good running order.

Thank You.
ConeDodger
aNd, jusT, lIke, ThAt, hes, baCk, iN, bUsness, oN, cLuB!
Mike Bellis
Forget the drama... For a minute...

If the crank shipped in that box, you should check to make sure it's not bent...
Highland
Just to share my experience, Danny made good on a mirror I bought from him. The first one shipped was locked-up, but he sent me another that was adjustable, although the glass was not in great shape.

He then sold me a complete GA 2.0 engine. After many phone calls, e-mails and excuses. Danny finally shipped an old EA 1.7 block to me. There was no misunderstanding because I have docuented e-mails specifying a GA case number and pictures of the motor.

I filed a complaint with Paypal (pushing the deadline) and jumped through their hoops which included getting a 3rd party "expert mechanic" to confirm the serial number was incorrect. Easily done with a small item, but not an engine block. Paypal made me return the block at my expense to get my money back. When the engine got back to PA, Danny refused delivery saying the address was incorrect. Paypal initially would not refund my money and after spending many hours on the phone with Paypal, reason finally triumphed and I got my money back and my losses were a few hundred for the shipping and about 3 months of aggravation.

I feel like I almost got suckered in by the mirror to get hit with a bigger deal. But that's just speculation and I'm not sure what Danny's real intent was.

I hate to say anything negative, but I guess we need to look out for each other since it's so easy to rip people off with e-commerce.
SLITS
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 17 2013, 11:00 AM) *

He's in good company .......................
lonewolfe
I bought a pair of sun visors from Danny and received them with no issues at all.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Jan 17 2013, 01:27 PM) *

I bought a pair of sun visors from Danny and received them with no issues at all.

Again, consistency is the secret to building a business. Do you want to pay $40 for some sunvisors and then get stiffed on the $1200 engine you try to buy next? It's a crap shoot...
Highland
Hmmm. Sounds like what happened to me. idea.gif
lonewolfe
I guess you are right and I was lucky. I never would have guessed there was a problem with this seller from my experience. I didn't know anything was up till I saw almost a whole pages of items for sale and the moderator had suspended the the guys account. Really a shame some of you had a bad experience.

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 17 2013, 01:53 PM) *

QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Jan 17 2013, 01:27 PM) *

Again, consistency is the secret to building a business. Do you want to pay $40 for some sunvisors and then get stiffed on the $1200 engine you try to buy next? It's a crap shoot...

Sea Dragon 914
I bought some parts from Danny and they were fine. I think he is related to Charles Hunter who I've also purchased parts from. I might have just gotten lucky but I've purchased three things from him and his dad (if Charles is his dad).
carr914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 17 2013, 02:00 PM) *

I hardly go over there, but I looked and didn't see anything - only sagebrush blowing by & the sound of Crickets! blink.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 17 2013, 06:44 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 17 2013, 02:00 PM) *

I hardly go over there, but I looked and didn't see anything - only sagebrush blowing by & the sound of Crickets! blink.gif

He's trying to sell a set of 951 rear trailing arms to fit a 911 screwy.gif
carr914
r yu guys tALKING Aboot a dIFFERENT cLub, cuz, eye don',t cee it
ConeDodger
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 18 2013, 09:12 AM) *

TC, here is one. There are several others...

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=361811
rmital
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 18 2013, 12:17 PM) *

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=361811

...he joined again under different name (914rules) yesterday.
the site is still "validating" his new effort. same IP as before.
so yes, someone asked about identifying someone with same IP address...if their not to slick, it seems to be easy enough.
carr914

OK, I didn't look that far down since you said he just rejoined & was bACK - that Ad was from Nov & the one Slits mentioned was as Old as he is
SLITS
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 18 2013, 10:23 AM) *

OK, I didn't look that far down since you said he just rejoined & was bACK - that Ad was from Nov & the one Slits mentioned was as Old as he is

Hey mad.gif , don't piss me off or I will call in a favor owed to me by the gods of weather and completely sink Florida ... it would only take a light shower anyway. biggrin.gif
carr914
or a Little Wind or a Big Fart!
Rusty
Just a quick update... the member Jennys914 is most likely Danny/Florence/whatever name he's using today. This member was claiming to be in Washington, NJ... just a short distance from Danny/Flo/whatever in Pennsylvania.

He/she/it is no longer posting on 914world and ads have been removed. Please do not send this person money.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.