Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedal Board questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
type11969
Well I've looked through the archives about pedal boards because I keep on hearing about them, I understand their purpose, my question is, did all 914s come with them? Mine doesn't have one, thus the confusion. I did drive my car without a problem though, so are pedal boards necessary?

Does anyone have some pictures of stock pedal boards and pictures of the pedal cluster underneath? I'm curious to see what else might be missing or different from what the pedal cluster should be like.

Thanks,

Chris
seanery
all the cars should have them, they have the pedal stops.
here's one of engman's installed in a car:
IPB Image
ppickerell
I will make billet pedal boards for $1000 each. You will gain 100 HP, your bald spot will start growing hair and you will get laid more often o r in some cases the first time. But seriously pedal boards are laser cut pieces of aluminum that your pedals mount to that have bling but have no performance enhancing aspect that I can detect. If your pedal board is broken, then by all means order a cool looking aluminum one. Do chicks really assess one's pedal board status prior to making mating decisions?
Joe Bob
They help with proper pedal throw....lack of a board can allow pedals to go to far and screw up the master cylinder, and clutch....not as critcal for the gas....

They are available from PP and if you can get a wooden one..you can make an aluminum copy easily....
seanery
and how to get one:
Pedal Board Info
SirAndy
QUOTE(type11969 @ Nov 10 2004, 07:24 PM)
Mine doesn't have one

without the pedal stops on the board, you're setting yourself up for failure ...

broken clutch tube!, broken clutch cable, broken accel. cable, broken brake MC ...
you get the idea.

smash.gif Andy
type11969
Ahh, I see. Since my car isn't going anywhere for quite some time, I guess I don't have to worry about not having a pedal board for a while.

Anyone have any pics of a pedal cluster sans pedal board?
machina
yah,
type11969
cool, thanks!
Britain Smith
This is from a 911, but its all the same...
type11969
Britain (or anyone for that matter)-
How does the gas pedal fit into the scheme of things? I know it attached to that link arm, but does it also attach to the floor pan? Anyone have any pictures of that?

Thanks,

Chris

PS - Thanks for that pic Britain
SirAndy
QUOTE(type11969 @ Nov 11 2004, 10:58 AM)
I know it attached to that link arm, but does it also attach to the floor pan?

yes, it does ...

it's bolted onto the floorpan just in front of the pedal-cluster ...

cool.gif Andy
brant
I want to add a picture late (just because I am excited to own a camera finally)...
type11969
I . . . can't . . . see . . . the . . . keyboard . . . that . . . picture . . . is . . . too . . . bright!

Thanks for the pic Brant, and nice choice of colors, that is the stock color of my 914, and I hope to return it that way (someday).
brant
it is a little bit bright...
ha...

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.