Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mirror bracket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rjkavanagh
Hey All,
Just wanted to introduce myself and toss out a freebee. My name is Rob Kavanagh. I bought a 75 cobalt blue 2.0 in fair shape about a month ago. Since I'm going to need a bunch of help from a lot of you in the future, I thought I'd say thanks ahead of time by throwing out the following for anyone interested. Like some of the 914's out there, when I bought the car, the rear view mirror was in the glove box and here was a big glob of epoxy on the windshield. So I built a bracket that replaces the center visor bracket and mounts the miror. I have the design in PDF format and can email it to anyone interested in building their own or if there's a place to deposit it on the website, I can put it there. I'm tossing this out for anyone in the club to duplicate if they wish but I do ask that no one mass produce this o make a buck.
Thanks and It's great to meet you all.
-Rob
rjkavanagh
outside
914helo
Looks nice. Very clean install. smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy
schweet! smilie_pokal.gif

one of the first things that went into the trash can after i bought my car:
the sun-visors!

i'm too tall. they were in my way, up or down, so they had to go.
which leaves the center mount free for other stuff.
like your mirror mount ...

altough my mirror is not broken.
smile.gif Andy
bondo
Yeah, the hardest part about that upgrade is getting the old one off the windshield without taking out a chunk of glass smile.gif That mount looks super nice, and it looks like it better addresses the problem I forsee happening with some other sunvisor-mount mirrors I've seen... looking at the targa bar instead of under it smile.gif
rjkavanagh
I'm thinking about working out a camera mount that I can swap out with the mirror next. If I get one to work I'll post it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.