Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Want to Throw a 914world BBQ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
So I have been collecting parts to refurbish my front end as well as some other things. My mechanical knowledge and ability scare me to the point where I cannot do this kind of work and having it done at a shop is more $$$ than I have.

My plan was to throw one of these notorious 914world bbqs and have some of you guys attack my car and i can catch up on the last 6 years. 6 months turns to 6 years...we all know that story right?

So here is the rub. My residence does not really support having this done at my place but most of all my wife says no way...honestly don't know how I have kept the car this long.

I am hoping maybe someone here around LA can help me host an event?

Here is the list of things I have parts for and need to get done:

Front
- Replace Front Bushings
- Replace Front shock inserts w/ oil Konis
- Replace crossmember
- Add Weltmeister bump steer kit
- Replace front ball joints

Rear
- Replace bushings
- Replace rotors/pads
- Replace Clutch cable
- Replace Accelerator cable
- Check hell hole area

Ideally I would do this at my place and drop the engine as well but not possible.

Any ideas?
76-914
poke.gif You know it's all pretty much legal now so it's OK to host at your house. av-943.gif lol-2.gif
FAT DANNY
do you know heeltoe914? he's a member here and has done several big and small repairs on my 914. he's really good and has his own (huge) shop at home. he's right next to glendale, in tujunga...really cool guy. good luck.
bandjoey
Texas is a good place for you to throw a BBQ first.gif
McMark
You're welcome to set it up at Original Customs. wink.gif
7TPorsh
so from the list above does that look all doable in a day?

Car is driving so I can driving.gif a little ways.
7TPorsh
But Napa and Texas are a b i t f a r
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jan 17 2013, 09:07 PM) *

so from the list above does that look all doable in a day?

Car is driving so I can driving.gif a little ways.

Not likely to accomplish in one day but possible. One would need four different teams on each project.

Ps as suggested, look up heeltoe - I think he even has a lift ...or you can pay him to work on it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.