Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ? 4 Admins
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
Can you make it where you dont stay logged on if you get out of the site? Sorta like how it is at TDIClub.com? They have a box you can check to stay logged on if you dont you check it you need to log in to post. I dont like the way it stays logged in because if I walk away from my computer at work and forget to log out and justclose out any one who comes past can post and it shows as me. Its happened before at work. spank.gif kick it around and see what you think. Thanks
TheCabinetmaker
Just hit "log out" before you close.
Jeroen
We have that very same checkbox here
Log out, and log in again. You'll see it when logging in...
seanery
Don't use the "Quick Login", log out and then click on Log In at the top banner.
You'll see this screen. Make sure the box with the arrow is "No"

There ya go!
qa1142
Ha
If you leave your computer here without locking screen, they wouldn't post to this site...

They would send LOVE notes to your boss wub.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Never never never leave you computer unlocked! You dont need to log off
Rusty
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Nov 11 2004, 09:07 AM)
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Nov 11 2004, 10:03 AM)
Just hit "log out" before you close.

Some times you dont have time. When we get a call we gotta run. Its just hit the shut down and go but any one who comes in and pulls up the site is logged in as me unsure.gif

If you're actually doing a shut-down (on a Windows) box, and want to clear your tracks, use TWEAKUI.

It has a Paranoia tab that you can set to automatically clear your browser cache, history and cookies during start up (or maybe login, I forget which).

-Rusty smoke.gif
McMark
There is no setting that will permanently keep you from staying logged in. Maybe Andy or I could add a similar button to the quick login page.
Jeroen
QUOTE(markd@mac.com @ Nov 11 2004, 06:58 PM)
There is no setting that will permanently keep you from staying logged in.

Yes there is...
Just as I described above and what Sean shows in the pic
If you close the browser, you're automatically logged out
Jake Raby
The answer to this one is easy...

WORK while you are at work, and don't be on here until its your time.....

I have been known to crush a keyboard from time to time when people around here get caught surfin on my time...

But then again I'm just an asshole anyway!
Jeff Bonanno
it is 'work' just trying to keep up with all the threads on this site...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.