Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 rear emblem help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
michaelmoo
Does anyone have the measurements or a picture reference on the factory placement of the rear emblems?
Jamie
Rear emblems for original 73 1.7 as measured: Y=42mm,X1=55mm, X2=38mm
tod914
michael,

Do you plan on drilling holes? Give Sean a holler, maybe he can make up some vinal ones for you.
Root_Werks
I made my own from a sheet of black vinyl. The look great and you can make whatever you want out of them. Exmp: Mine say 914-6 2.2 and they look like something the factory would do. I don't have a plotter or anything so it took me an hour to cut the numbers out. biggrin.gif
michaelmoo
Thanks.

I dont plan on drilling. I have a crazy idea of taking my orignials and making a mold of them. This way they will not have the pegs and will be flush on the back. I will be able to use 3M emblem tape that most manufactures use and not have to drill!!
Hi_Fi_Guy
QUOTE(michaelmoo @ Nov 11 2004, 08:07 AM)
Thanks.

I dont plan on drilling. I have a crazy idea of taking my orignials and making a mold of them. This way they will not have the pegs and will be flush on the back. I will be able to use 3M emblem tape that most manufactures use and not have to drill!!

Due to my deadline I ended up using vinyl but had similar thoughts to what you are doing. I think it will look great. Best of luck and post some pics when you are done so we can see your handywork on these.
Root_Werks
That is a cool idea. It would be neat to have numbers molded in black plastic so people could put together thier own emblems. Just sell numbers.

914-8 5.7
914-6 2.7
914-4 2.2

Or whatever. The ebmlems would look factory.

So when can we expect a production run of these? laugh.gif
michaelmoo
lets see how they turn out first!!!!!!! wink.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(michaelmoo @ Nov 11 2004, 09:07 AM)
Thanks.

There are enough of them around with the tabs broken off - you can find them!!!
tod914
How about cutting off the tabs and filling it resin?
michaelmoo
Thought of that, but I won't get to make a big mess like when I make molds!!

If I make the mold I can at least make more to "play" with if/when I mess them up.

Bottom line is that I dont want to drill!! Spent to much time on the body to drill holes in it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.