Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: vacuum hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnpierre
hey everyone

yes it is me again, the newbie that didn't want to work on his car, (that didn't last to long. as it turns out i enjoyed working on it, however only with the right tools and the lift was quite nice on it) with mark s. i have some more annoying ?'s. a while back i post about my idling issue. right now it is at 1600rpms. while mark s. helped me replace a speedo (big ups for mark) cable and we also fiddled around with the idle. mark clipped all the ends of the vacuum hoses to ensure a good fit. this worked a little bit, but the issue persists. i want to change out all the vacuum hoses (or at least the one's that are relevant) to make sure there is no leak. at which point if i still have an idle issue i can trouble shoot something else. frank the person i buy the car from also mentioned it might by the warm up regulator. but first things first.

my question is this where does one buy these houses, are they specific to porsches, do they have to be the exact same one's. do they come in a kit, and lastly, can i get them in another color, say red makes the bay look a little more racey?
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(johnpierre @ Jan 18 2013, 01:57 PM) *

hey everyone

yes it is me again, the newbie that didn't want to work on his car, (that didn't last to long. as it turns out i enjoyed working on it, however only with the right tools and the lift was quite nice on it) with mark s. i have some more annoying ?'s. a while back i post about my idling issue. right now it is at 1600rpms. while mark s. helped me replace a speedo (big ups for mark) cable and we also fiddled around with the idle. mark clipped all the ends of the vacuum hoses to ensure a good fit. this worked a little bit, but the issue persists. i want to change out all the vacuum hoses (or at least the one's that are relevant) to make sure there is no leak. at which point if i still have an idle issue i can trouble shoot something else. frank the person i buy the car from also mentioned it might by the warm up regulator. but first things first.

my question is this where does one buy these houses, are they specific to porsches, do they have to be the exact same one's. do they come in a kit, and lastly, can i get them in another color, say red makes the bay look a little more racey?

Auto Atlanta sells the complete set that fits your teener. http://www.autoatlanta.com/
The set also comes with a diagram too which helps. Replace one hose at at time so you will not screw up! Also check you vacuum elbows too. I had one that looked okay until I pulled it and it was cracked. The hoses come in grey, black, and red.

I had high idle issues too and I replaced everything and now it idles at 800. I also replaced my air intake hoses, manifold gaskets, throttle body seal, oil tower gasket, gas cap seal, etc. 914rubber has some of these.

There is so many places for vacuum leaks!

Good Luck!

Terry
rex66m
agree.gif

Diagram is not perfect, but the kit had the same result on my car - nice smooth idle. Might need a hose clamp in a place or two, though.
johnpierre
QUOTE(rex66m @ Jan 18 2013, 05:40 PM) *

agree.gif

Diagram is not perfect, but the kit had the same result on my car - nice smooth idle. Might need a hose clamp in a place or two, though.

hey thanks for advice.
cary
If that doesn't fix it. Your AAR (auxiliary air regulator ) is stuck open allowing extra air.
Might just need a good soaking with PB Blaster.
76-914
or the decel valve or the MPS............If after replacing All fuel and vac lines (yes those under the tank, also) and you still have an idle issue then disconnect and/or plug all vac lines except the one to the MPS. If that corrects your idle issue then reconnect the hoses one at a time until you isolate the culprit.
johnpierre
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jan 18 2013, 11:39 AM) *

hey everyone

Auto Atlanta sells the complete set that fits your teener. http://www.autoatlanta.com/
The set also comes with a diagram too which helps. Replace one hose at at time so you will not screw up! Also check you vacuum elbows too. I had one that looked okay until I pulled it and it was cracked. The hoses come in grey, black, and red.

I had high idle issues too and I replaced everything and now it idles at 800. I also replaced my air intake hoses, manifold gaskets, throttle body seal, oil tower gasket, gas cap seal, etc. 914rubber has some of these.

Good Luck!

Terry

hey terry
just found a vacuum hose kit at auto atlanta, they have a couple of different kits. i don't see one that is specific for a 73 1.7 FI. they do however have listed 70-76 1.8, can i use this one? and you mentioned colors blk, gry, red, i can't find these. do you have a link, or part #for the kit by any chance. i suppose i can just ask when i call to place order. but it you have that info that would be great. jp.
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(johnpierre @ Jan 28 2013, 09:23 PM) *

hey everyone

Good Luck!

Terry

hey terry
just found a vacuum hose kit at auto atlanta, they have a couple of different kits. i don't see one that is specific for a 73 1.7 FI. they do however have listed 70-76 1.8, can i use this one? and you mentioned colors blk, gry, red, i can't find these. do you have a link, or part #for the kit by any chance. i suppose i can just ask when i call to place order. but it you have that info that would be great. jp.

Here is link for hoses:

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Vacuum-...BAAVACKIT1.html

The kit contains hoses that are black, red, and grey. The kit does not in just one color only. See picture below.

I would not get the 1.8 because it is different.

Terry
johnpierre
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jan 28 2013, 07:07 PM) *

QUOTE(johnpierre @ Jan 28 2013, 09:23 PM) *

hey everyone

Good Luck!

Terry

hey terry

Here is link for hoses:

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Vacuum-...BAAVACKIT1.html

The kit contains hoses that are black, red, and grey. The kit does not in just one color only. See picture below.

I would not get the 1.8 because it is different.

Terry

ok i mis understood you. but i got it now. thx.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.