Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Azusa Canyon to Mt Baldy Run Dawn Patrol
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
phatnine11
Anyone interested in an early morning run, ala Dawn Patrol on Jan 26, 06:30? We will head up highway 39 towards Azusa Canyon and take the East Fork cutoff to the Baldy/GMR fork. Head over to Baldy, then down the mountain for some breakfast. Anyone, anyone? Bueller?
Phatnine11
dw914er
Sure; I would be open to it.
dfelz
Count me in beerchug.gif
76-914
Of course, you sly talking Devil. I'll be driving the slow one. Did you weld that bung in, yet?
914_teener
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 19 2013, 07:08 AM) *

Of course, you sly talking Devil. I'll be driving the slow one. Did you weld that bung in, yet?

I am in if it is nice as today is.....unbelievable weather after the cold.

Jerry
Click to view attachmentphotos! wanna see!
914_teener
QUOTE(Jerry @ Jan 19 2013, 02:30 PM) *

lol-2.gif

That is a funny pic.....

Here ya go.....wife had to work today.... so just got back from a spin up the hill.

No time to take pictures on the road but......here is one for ya....gonna fire up the Q in a bit.

Click to view attachment
oldschool
I may make it, first I will take the pills, And cruz at the tail end...man I still have fun. aktion035.gif
914-300Hemi
Sounds like fun. Count me in.
'73-914kid
I'll hang around school till Saturday.. count me in
phatnine11
Info on next Saturday's run. We will meet at the Starbucks located at:

118 W. Foothill Blvd
Azusa, Ca. 91702

The Starbucks is just west of the corner of Azusa and Foothill Blvd
See you there around 06:00!
Cesar
phatnine11

Jerry,
You want pictures? Here is what we found on the News Years Day run. Poor guy, hell of a way to start 2013! The guy with the black hat is Ravi, the guy covering his head in the truck is the guy that wrecked his Dad's service truck!
Cesar
mittelmotor
Have fun! I'd join you if it weren't for my revolutionary gearless transmission (I should get the gearstack back in a week or so).
ntrylvl
QUOTE(oldschool @ Jan 19 2013, 10:59 PM) *

I may make it, first I will take the pills, And cruz at the tail end...man I still have fun. aktion035.gif

barf.gif

lol-2.gif

stromberg.gif
ntrylvl
Count me in. I may even drive the Teener this time wink.gif
euro911
QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Jan 20 2013, 09:53 PM) *
photos! wanna see!
Jerry,
You want pictures? Here is what we found on the News Years Day run. Poor guy, hell of a way to start 2013! The guy with the black hat is Ravi, the guy covering his head in the truck is the guy that wrecked his Dad's service truck!

Click to view attachment
Cesar
Yeah, out of all the places he could have lost control, he precisely hit a concrete culvert foundation exactly at the 3.3 mile marker. Took out the mike marker sign too blink.gif
'73-914kid
I drove up there a two weeks ago to see the snow. They haven't really put that site back together..it's definetely obvious that someone/something hit the concrete bit.

Oh, and this is what you guys missed..lol
IPB Image

Icy roads make for an interesting drive with an open diff...
oldschool
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Jan 21 2013, 09:21 PM) *

I drove up there a two weeks ago to see the snow. They haven't really put that site back together..it's definetely obvious that someone/something hit the concrete bit.

IPB Image

You most not like slow dude's...cause I never got a call to hang out. av-943.gif
'73-914kid
Haha, that drive was a last minute idea when I got out of a lab really early. Didn't have time to get a group together
dfelz
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Jan 21 2013, 09:21 PM) *

IPB Image

sick picture
914-300Hemi
icon_bump.gif
Guys...it's suppose to rain on Fri- Sun.
oldschool
headbang.gif I'm working..shooting at the Namm show ...Can't make it.
So im free on Saturday aktion035.gif ...hope no rain
monkeyboy
I'd love to go, but I will be at the Roadster show in Pomona with my dad.
'73-914kid
Current weather report says rain on Friday, and rain on Sunday. I say we play it by ear, but it shouldn't be raining on Saturday
dfelz
We may get lucky....

IPB Image
phatnine11
Looks like there several people keeping an eye on the weather reports. If I can remember, I'll post a go/no go on Friday night by 20:00 hours.
Cesar
oldschool
I Hear the rain....it just started headbang.gif 11:11pm
phatnine11
Gents,
The weather is not going to cooperate with us tomorrow. hissyfit.gif So, tomorrow's drive is cancelled. If anyone is interested, we can re-schedule for next weekend.
Stay dry,
Cesar
lagunero
Sounds good
dfelz
Is this still happening this upcoming weekend???
phatnine11
Is anyone interested in this run for this weekend? Remember, it's Superbowl weekend guys!
Phatnine11
914_teener
QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Jan 31 2013, 05:00 PM) *

Is anyone interested in this run for this weekend? Remember, it's Superbowl weekend guys!
Phatnine11

I vote for drive and then game! beer.gif
dfelz
I'm down for this weekend, but would prefer Saturday.
phatnine11
Ok! I guess I should have been a little more clear. The run if it is still going to happen will be on Saturday morning. All of the previous info is still the same, except the calender date. Saturday morning @ the Starbuck's, same time. Let me know who is up for it!
Cesar
dfelz
me! what are the crossroads of this magical starbucks??
phatnine11
QUOTE(dfelz @ Jan 31 2013, 10:19 PM) *

Dfelz, see post #11. Let me know if you're going to make it.
Cesar
dfelz
QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Jan 31 2013, 11:12 PM) *

QUOTE(dfelz @ Jan 31 2013, 10:19 PM) *

Dfelz, see post #11. Let me know if you're going to make it.
Cesar

Ya I am going to make it! I have been to Mt. Baldy before, just never that starbucks...
phatnine11
Bump, bump!
oldschool
headbang.gif man I really wanted to make this new run...not sure if you read my post in the sand box..my wife got sick and I'm with here in San Diego, she recovering from having a tumor removed, i have been back and forth to Pomona, but will be here till Sunday...have a great time boy's
dfelz
We wish your wife a speedy recovery!!
phatnine11
QUOTE(oldschool @ Feb 1 2013, 11:47 AM) *

headbang.gif man I really wanted to make this new run...not sure if you read my post in the sand box..my wife got sick and I'm with here in San Diego, she recovering from having a tumor removed, i have been back and forth to Pomona, but will be here till Sunday...have a great time boy's

Jaime,
God's speed to your wife! I hope all turns out for the best. I will keep her and your family in my prayers dude!
Cesar
dfelz
Cesar, anyone going besides you and me?? hahah
phatnine11
QUOTE(dfelz @ Feb 1 2013, 02:59 PM) *

So far, it looks like just us 2!
Black22

Hope everything turns out for the best Jaime. sad.gif
dfelz
QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Feb 1 2013, 03:19 PM) *

Unless more people sign up in the next few hours, we should probably just postpone... cause i am not even in a 914 so it wouldn't be much of a "914 meet."
phatnine11
QUOTE(dfelz @ Feb 1 2013, 05:59 PM) *

QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Feb 1 2013, 03:19 PM) *

Unless more people sign up in the next few hours, we should probably just postpone... cause i am not even in a 914 so it wouldn't be much of a "914 meet."

David,
Sounds good! Tomorrow's run is now postponed. Let's see if we can put together something later this month!
Cheers to all,
Cesar
euro911
Praying for a speedy recovery
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.