Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: battery tray
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underdog
Hey Guys, just found corrosion and rust under the battery. I think the tray is solid as this looks like surface crap. I will clean all this out using dremel but need input as how to treat the metal afterwards. Thanks.
timothy_nd28
I replaced the evap coil on my dodge durango, which required me to rip the dash out. During that process, I had to pull up the carpet to remove some heater duct. To my amazement, the floor boards were painted with some hard plasticy material from the factory. What ever that stuff was, it would be great to use for the battery tray area, and the longs. My googling efforts are coming up short with this mysterious factory paint. Do not use Por15, it simply doesn't work.
mr914
WTF.gif

I've used POR-15 for 20+ years. It works in most applications where the metal is properly cleaned.

It's not so great on shinny new "pickled" metal, but old rusty/crusty surfaces work good
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.