Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adding VINs for cars that aren't mine...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThePaintedMan
Hey guys,
Went to a VW show today and saw a couple 914s. Pretty cool, nothing spectacular. The only owner I met really knew nothing about his car but he swore that it was a factory racecar in the 1970s and he actually owns a "GT" dry.gif too. Whatever.

I just wanted to know, when we find other 914s out there that aren't in the DB, is there a process to adding them if they aren't OUR car? I just added one, but it shows up under my name. Is this going to be a problem if the owner shows up on here down the road and I've already "claimed" their car? smile.gif

ConeDodger
Go ahead and add them under your own name and then PM an admin. in the comments put what you know about the car...
Erben914
I tried to add my vin to the data base and the po is listed as the owner. I tried to pm him but no response. His last post was years ago. Not a big deal but its mine now. Lol
Erben914
4742907753 my vin.
davep
A VIN-admin such as myself can make corrections.
A VIN can be added without an owner by checking in that box.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Erben914 @ Jan 20 2013, 10:03 PM) *
I tried to add my vin to the data base and the po is listed as the owner. I tried to pm him but no response. His last post was years ago. Not a big deal but its mine now. Lol

You can still add it as yours. It doesn't matter if the PO is still listed, the database supports multiple entries for one VIN.
shades.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 20 2013, 08:57 PM) *
Go ahead and add them under your own name and then PM an admin.

agree.gif

Any VIN admin can untie the VIN from your account after you entered it ...
type.gif
Germancar-Junkie
QUOTE(davep @ Jan 22 2013, 04:03 PM) *

Which box? blink.gif I added one recently from the Barrett-Jackson auction and it appeared under my name. I have also located the VINs of the two cars I own under other member names, so I haven't bothered to "claim" them.

Does it matter? confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Germancar-Junkie @ Jan 22 2013, 04:54 PM) *
QUOTE(davep @ Jan 22 2013, 04:03 PM) *

Which box?

The box only VIN admins can see ... laugh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Germancar-Junkie @ Jan 22 2013, 04:54 PM) *
I have also located the VINs of the two cars I own under other member names, so I haven't bothered to "claim" them.

Again, the VIN database allows for multiple entries for the same VIN. Just add them as yours ...
type.gif
Madswede
That's what I did for my car. There are two entries, one from the immediate PO that sold me the car and one for me/mine as she is now. shades.gif
davep
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 22 2013, 05:08 PM) *

The box only VIN admins can see ... laugh.gif

laugh.gif I was going to say: well I can see it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.