Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch pulley adapter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
I could make a bracket similar to this, http://www.tangerineracing.com/transmission.htm
but wondering if I move it back about 5" to take some slack out of the cable, if it will have enough of the clutch cable itself to reach back around to the clutch fork, or if I will have to come up with a coupler to add on to the threaded rod to extend it if necessary??
Mike Bellis
Not if you move it back 5" You can't possibly have that much slack. You can call Terry Cable and have a custom length cable made pretty cheap.
Mike Bellis
BTW, if you move the pulley back 5", you will need a 10" longer cable...
Dave_Darling
There's only about 1/4" of "extra" slack. A short piece of tubing, or an extra large nut, will make up the difference. Moving the pulley back 5" would mean you need a new custom-made cable.

--DD
partwerks
Not sure if there is much difference between the stock engine, and the Subie conversion, as far as the distance back, but less curves would probably make it easier to push, I'm thinking was the idea.

How much of a hassle would a hydraulic clutch be?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(partwerks @ Jan 21 2013, 04:57 AM) *

How much of a hassle would a hydraulic clutch be?

I'm not sure yet... I picked up some pedals and clutch master cylinder for ~$200. I will be fabbing up mine in the next couple months. Someone here used the stock clutch pedal and put the cylinder in the front center of the car. Seemed like a great solution and less modifications.

Mine has turned into a full pedal upgrade. welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif
partwerks
Any pics of this, and I wonder how that all works on the clutch fork end of things?? Doesn't there have to be a cylinder or something to move it back there as well?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.