Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S 1974 PORSCHE 914 2.0 ( SALE PENDING )
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
garyb
This Porsche 914 2.0 is in show room condition.
Rotisserie restoration in 1990-1991. Then went on the national and regional show ciruit in a trailer until 1995. It scored many first places including 2 National Porsche parade best in class (1992 & 1995). Then properly stored for 16 years until 2011. It is still in show condition winning 1st. place in full concours in PCA Zone 8 Arizona Octorer 2011 and January 2013 in California. Shimmering Delphi Metallic Green over Brown interior. Cover shot and 6 page story in the July issue of Hemmings Sports aned Exotic Cars magazine.
This car drives and looks like new.
I have not had the car long (its just to nice of a car for me to drive around everyday)
Price: $22,000 or best offer.
Sale Pending

See link below for more photos.
photos of Porsche 914
Tom_T
I judged undercarriage/non-engine of this car at the Zone 8 Concours this last Sat. 1/19/13, and it is super clean & still shows like a fresh resto!

While I did not do a full PPI, I did look it over - along with 4 other senior & master judges who were duly impressed in their areas.

I first met Gary at the show & we had a great visit, and has been in VWs & 914s since the old days. He explained that it's just too nice for him to drive comfortably in such nice condition around SoCal's freeway jungle (my words), so he's regretfully selling.

For someone else who wants a wonderful show 914-2.0, or who doesn't have to deal with the SoCal traffic zoo, or isn't as concerned about it's preservation (a shame) - this would be a perfect car.

Well worth checking out for anyone looking for a 10:10 car in this Delphi green metallic over Brown interior - this one is great! first.gif

Good Luck with the sale Gary! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
billh1963
The reality is that Gary is probably a flipper.

Either way, I wish him luck with his sale. If he gets his price it is good for all of us! beer.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 21 2013, 10:22 AM) *

Either way, I wish him luck with his sale. If he gets his price it is good for all of us! beer.gif

I didn't get that sense talking with him face to face Bill.

I think he just wants a 914 he can drive without tail-pipe-pucker in traffic, but still nice enough to show at some local concours. He probably bought the best 914 he could find, but it was just too Cherry to risk damaging & deteriorating! biggrin.gif
porschenstock
Gary is a very nice Guy, I have bought my Ravenna 2L from him 3 years ago and everything was spot on.
From abroad it's not often the case !!
You can trust him 200 % dry.gif
rnellums
I don't see how this car could get any nicer. I'll be watching to see how quickly it sells!
tod914
Gorgous car Gary! That has to be a tough one to let go. Good luck with your sale. I'm sure it will go fast.
Bobby Smith

I've never been able to understand the negative implication of the term "flipper". You are buying the car not the person selling it and as long as an accurate description of the car is given, what difference does it make how long the seller has owned it? Sure, I understand that long term ownership helps with documentation but so do receipts and records. The car speaks for itself and this one is fine IMHO.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Bobby Smith @ Jan 22 2013, 07:03 PM) *

I've never been able to understand the negative implication of the term "flipper". You are buying the car not the person selling it and as long as an accurate description of the car is given, what difference does it make how long the seller has owned it? Sure, I understand that long term ownership helps with documentation but so do receipts and records. The car speaks for itself and this one is fine IMHO.

Agree wholheartedly! This is maybe one of the best retored -to-original concours 914's available. If I liked the color I'd be knocking.
TJB/914
QUOTE(tod914 @ Jan 22 2013, 12:40 PM) *

Gorgous car Gary! That has to be a tough one to let go. Good luck with your sale. I'm sure it will go fast.

Todd,
I agree with Bobby, Pat & yourself, Good 914's like this don't come on the market often. If you have the $$ move fast. You will see double $$ in about 5-years for this quality of car. Did you ever think 6's would be priced in the 90's?? 4's will follow.
Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.