Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Potenza S-03 vs. Falken Azenis...on 15x5.5 rim...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
Need to get some new street tires fairly soon. I want something that has good dry grip, but good wet grip as well. Any recommendations? What is your experience with with the tires ststed above?
anthony
The Falkens don't look like great rain tires because of the tread design. Another tire to investigate is the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3. It rates higher than the S0-3 in wet conditions.
jim912928
I have the SO3's on my 911..to me they are a rough ride on the street but stuck good when I autocrossed with them...haven't used them in the rain. The Goodyear F1's I put on my 928. Also autocrossed with that car and they were great on dry pavement. On the rain they are excellent. The F1's look alittle funky, but so far I like them on the 928 versus the Potenza's I had on there (which I liked).
Trekkor
The Yokohama yk420 is the street tire I run.

It has a tread wear of 420 and really holds on in the wet.
Not too expensive and will last for a long time.

Not good for a/x at all.

KT
smrz914
Don't know about the falkens but i love my so3's. Awesome in the rain. My so3's are wide too. I'm always supprised how well they do in the wet.
grantsfo
I have the Falken Azenis Sports on my Echo and my 914 and I have SO3's on my Boxster. Falkens offer superior dry weather traction. They also do quite well when pavement is wet with no standing water. SO3's kick butt in standing water.

I drove over Santa Cruz mountians today in all out rain storm on the Falkens. They were ok. So if you are careful your can drive Falkens safely in the wet. I hit standing water a couple times at about 55 mph and car didnt hydroplane.

SO3's make me feel like I could go very fast with little problem in the rain.
Hi_Fi_Guy
I run the Potenzas on my Boxster wirh excellent dry/wet traction. The 914 currently wears Yokos 'cuz that's what Patrick Motorsports put on it but if I planned on any wet weather I would go with the S0-3s on it as well. They are simply brilliant all around tires and quieter than many other I have tried as well.
ChrisReale
Cool...I am not looking for a tire that will handle AX. I have Victoracers for that. I probably will look into the S0=3's and the Goodyear F1's. Basically my street tires suck in the wet. I just want something that handles water a bit better. Seems both these will be vast improvements over what I have now.
anthony
Tirerack has some test reports:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/bs_RE050A_rd_c.jsp
ChrisReale
NICE! Thanks for the link beerchug.gif
EdwardBlume
For wet (all) weather, I just put Bridgestone RE75's on my 993. Real grippy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.