Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fall Foliage Classic 2005
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Pages: 1, 2
seanery
Mark your calendars for the 2005 Fall Foliage Classic, October 21-23, 2005. The event will take place in Columbus & Nashville, IN with a possible excursion to Indianapolis. Itenerary will be announced later.

Join us for some driving.gif driving-girl.gif mueba.gif
rick 918-S
biggrin.gif Great event!
kafermeister
Hmmm. 11 months to get the Blau 914 running/finished. This will be a challenge.

Rick Haris
tdgray
Come hell or high water I am going to make it next year biggrin.gif
mudfoot76
Calendar is marked! Looking forward to it!
aircooledboy
Did you guys check the weather forcast for those days? I hear they are calling for a monsoon. ohmy.gif

Sean, just pay the extra money and get a nice day this time, will ya. w00t.gif chairfall.gif
jim912928
On my calendar and I have a new mission....to have a six in mine by then!
tommy914
I'll be there.

Here's my FFC 2005 list:

1. fix all water leaks when it rains biggrin.gif

2. Kit Carlson EFI

3. Air conditioner...not that I'll need it to be cooler that weekend, but it will help dehumidify when it rains
aircooledboy
QUOTE(tommy914 @ Nov 12 2004, 04:27 PM)

1.  fix all water leaks when it rains   biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif You're gonna sell your 914 and get a real car?

w00t.gif chairfall.gif beerchug.gif
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Nov 12 2004, 02:42 PM)
QUOTE(tommy914 @ Nov 12 2004, 04:27 PM)

1.  fix all water leaks when it rains   biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif You're gonna sell your 914 and get a real car?

w00t.gif chairfall.gif beerchug.gif

nah, just get a good cover......
Jamie
Hey, I'm ready this time! But why would you be interested in going into Nap-town with all those crazzzzy drivers running the streets??? They're almost as bad as Hot-lanta!!!!
SpecialK
QUOTE(tdgray @ Nov 12 2004, 10:08 AM)
Come hell or high water I am going to make it next year biggrin.gif

Careful.....a river runs through the middle of town! wink.gif

I'm coming prepared next time scuba.gif
tommy914
QUOTE(9146986 @ Nov 12 2004, 06:45 PM)
nah, just get a good cover......

Perry,
do you make one of those with a clear plastic area over the windshield? That way I can drive with the cover on!!
GaroldShaffer
I'm ready. My wipers are working great now and I can defrost my windshield smilie_pokal.gif I just need to fix the leak around my tail lights and all will be golden cool_shades.gif blink.gif laugh.gif
xsboost90
i had just bought my car when the show was happening this year, def be there next year though.... beerchug.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Sean: I don't care what weekend it is,I'll be there.
Dave slap.gif
Flat VW
Could someone please ask Howard what the "track fees" will be for this event? confused24.gif

You can contact Howard here----- Contact Howard about "Track Fees"

I have an Aunt, Auntie Linda and Uncle George who reside in Noblesville, IN (do you know them?)

TIA for contacting Howard to get this "cleared up",

John rocking nana.gif
Pnambic
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Apr 27 2005, 05:32 PM)
Could someone please ask Howard what the "track fees" will be for this event? confused24.gif

I have an Aunt, Auntie Linda and Uncle George who reside in Noblesville, IN (do you know them?)

AHHH HAHAHAHA!!!

I think Sean is in charge of "track fees" at the FFC. wink.gif wacko.gif

I live in Noblesville, but I don't think I know Auntie Linda or Uncle George. rolleyes.gif Its just such a bustling megacenter anymore...haha.
dralf
mad.gif My car stopped running a few days before the MWC, so I have my sights set to join you guys this fall.

Rain ?

And how will I keep my woman passenger warm ?
unsure.gif
mudfoot76
QUOTE (dralf @ Aug 9 2005, 03:11 PM)
And how will I keep my woman passenger warm ?
unsure.gif

I have a set of factory HE's that only leak a little but will heat up your car quick! I'd even do an even trade for a nice set of SSI's just for you cool_shades.gif

Sadly, I have to attend a wedding that weekend in North Carolina. I'll try to take all the bad weather with me so we don't have a repeat of last year's monsoon wink.gif
ArtechnikA
OK - i see this thread was started a while ago, but somehow i had marked the wrong weekend - one week earlier. Hmmmm. this gives me an additional weekend to get the 911 ready for the trip - but it won't have heat.

YOU BETTER HAVE GOOD WEATHER LINED UP!!!
CptTripps
Any more details on this event?
seanery
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Aug 11 2005, 07:02 AM)
Any more details on this event?

soon. We're tidying up the schedule and reg form smile.gif
ejm
idea.gif anyone have a spare seat? (insert flyout and ride smilie here) smile.gif
tommy914
icon_bump.gif

This is about 6 weeks out... Any news?
Doug Leggins
38 days away biggrin.gif aktion035.gif mueba.gif

ohmy.gif I've got a lot of work to get done on the car!!!!

Are you planning on attending?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Doug Leggins @ Sep 13 2005, 05:43 PM)

plan?

i haven't seen a schedule, a mention of a HQ hotel, a list of activities, pricing, or anything else that could be used to form the basis of a plan ...

i've kept a space for this open on my calendar but i am afraid it is going to be overtaken by events...
Doug Leggins
i haven't seen a schedule, a mention of a HQ hotel, a list of activities, pricing, or anything else that could be used to form the basis of a plan ...

Helluva good point.

Let's see if we can get this thing going!!!
Pnambic
ALRIGHT GUYS, HAVE AT IT!!!!!

Click HERE for all details on the 2005 Fall Foliage Classic!!!

grasshopper
dang! i gotta hurry up. Can a new wiring harness be installed in a few weeks?? we'll see....(im not good with wires... blink.gif )
nynone4
QUOTE (Doug Leggins @ Sep 13 2005, 01:43 PM)
38 days away biggrin.gif aktion035.gif mueba.gif

ohmy.gif I've got a lot of work to get done on the car!!!!

Doug - I'm going to try to go to this - the car is now driveable and about 90% finished. It was great meeting you (again) at Brad's. Small world, this 914 group!

Matt Shepherd
Bartlett 914
Hi All

My wife Linda and I are going to to make it. This will be our first event. We are looking forward to meeting other 914 fans. See you there!

Mark
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (Bartlett 914 @ Sep 19 2005, 08:26 AM)
Hi All

My wife Linda and I are going to to make it. This will be our first event. We are looking forward to meeting other 914 fans. See you there!

Mark

Mark,

Looking forward to meeting you. Please make sure register for this event. Click on the link in my signature line.
RangerRhett
QUOTE (itsa914 @ Sep 19 2005, 10:56 AM)
QUOTE (Bartlett 914 @ Sep 19 2005, 08:26 AM)
Hi All

Mark

Mark,

Looking forward to meeting you. Please make sure register for this event. Click on the link in my signature line.

U wanna caravan down from Lafayette?
GaroldShaffer
we could do that. My wife has to work that Friday so we wouldn't be leaving here until around 5:45 pm. That would put us in Lafayette close to 7pm.
tdgray
I'm going to be a last minute decision.

Car is:

Not painted yet.

Engine has to go back in.

Everything has to be put together.

I'm so screwed wacko.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (tdgray @ Sep 22 2005, 11:14 AM)
I'm going to be a last minute decision.

us too. going to depend on where we sit with the house deal, whether the 914.6 sells, and my progress with the 911.

right now, it is looking unlikely for this year...
hi ho silber
Folks,
I'm out sad.gif
I've been tasked to be "on-call" that week starting the 22nd.

I'm bummed but hey what can you do? (Service before Self)

Who do I talk to about getting shirt anyway?

Dave
seanery
Dave,
I think we're gonna offfer the shirts up in the next week or so.
Doug Leggins
Matt -It would be great to see you at the FFC!. That car looks much better than the first time that I saw it. -Great work!

90% finished - you can make it! beerchug.gif
qa1142
Lynne and I are coming smilie_pokal.gif

No rain this year........OK?

We will drive down leaving mid-morning (I hope)

We gonna do a cell phone tree again?

smile.gif cool.gif rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif wub.gif beerchug.gif clap.gif wavey.gif mueba.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif chowtime.gif w00t.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif rocking nana.gif drunk.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (qa1142 @ Oct 3 2005, 05:11 PM)
Lynne and I are coming smilie_pokal.gif

No rain this year........OK?

We will drive down leaving mid-morning (I hope)

We gonna do a cell phone tree again?

smile.gif cool.gif rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif wub.gif beerchug.gif clap.gif wavey.gif mueba.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif chowtime.gif w00t.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif rocking nana.gif drunk.gif

The cell phone tree works for me. We won't be leaving here until after 5pm. Julie just started a new job 2 weeks ago, to soon to ask for the day off dry.gif
dwillouby
I wont know if we can make it untill that week. When is the deadline to sign up?
Do you have a list of who is going?

David
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (dwillouby @ Oct 5 2005, 05:44 AM)
I wont know if we can make it untill that week. When is the deadline to sign up?
Do you have a list of who is going?

David

Not sure what the deadline is? but click HERE for a list of confirmed people attending. Hope you can make it.
Engman
For all 914's in attendance you will get a special 914 part from me. Something I bet you all need. You have to attend to find out.

M
GaroldShaffer
smilie_pokal.gif drooley.gif
Bertus
Is there a specific time that the event will be starting on Saturday? I am trying to keep my costs down, so I am just going to drive up the day of and need to know wabout when I should leave home. For some reason since I got my 914 my expendable income has been disappearing........

Thanks!
GaroldShaffer
Meet us at the hotel by 9am if you can.
Bertus
Will do, looking forward to meeting everyone.

Bert
Engman
Bet we dont leave the hotel until at least 9:14 - took us a while last year.

m
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.