Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New owner guide to identifying engine parts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
falcor75
Just got my -74 2.0 this week and while some parts are easily identifyble others are more elusive, and some of the acronyms used on the web are not that easy to understand.

Is there anything like this:
IPB Image

for the 914? smile.gif
euro911
There are some helpful diagrams on Pelican, Jeff Bowlsby has some on his site and I believe PBanders has some on his site

Fuel lines, vacuum lines and top-side components
Mike Bellis
Look here

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/
914Eric
QUOTE(falcor75 @ Jan 25 2013, 10:29 PM) *

Just got my -74 2.0 this week and while some parts are easily identifyble others are more elusive, and some of the acronyms used on the web are not that easy to understand.

Is there anything like this:
IPB Image

for the 914? smile.gif

Yea...I would love one of these as well. Never seen one for the 914. Checked Bowlsby and Pelican before and found nothing. I've even thought about making one since I'm in the process of refurbishing my engine and I can't tell them all apart.
euro911
Oh crap ... did I just get hacked? There's no diagram on that link, don't click on it! mad.gif
euro911
The 2.0L diagram on Jeff's site should suffice confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
falcor75
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 27 2013, 09:09 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Thanks smile.gif
914Eric
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 27 2013, 12:09 AM) *

Great...you post it after I spent 2 days figuring it all out. JK...thanks for posting.

I printed a bunch of stuff from Jeff's site months ago when I was planning my refurbish, but I must of missed that one. Jeff's resources are invaluable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.