Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanted: Front and Rear TOW EYE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tumamilhem
Looking for good condition front tow eye and rear bumper tow eye. Prefer rear tow eye to still have gold cadium plating, but not mandatory.
etoddy
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Jan 26 2013, 12:01 PM) *

Looking for good condition front tow eye and rear bumper tow eye.

PM sent
JeffBowlsby
The factory tow eye was only for the rear bumper Tuma.
toadman
To tow from the front there is a welded-on tow loop on the bottom of the front trunk.
Wegeng_Haus
Rennenmetal.com sells a front tow eye (racing style) if you're interested. It mounts to the forward a-arm mount and requires cutting the front spoiler (it may fit under a stock valance). FYI Dave
shuie
QUOTE(Wegeng_Haus @ Jan 29 2013, 08:09 AM) *

Rennenmetal.com sells a front tow eye (racing style) if you're interested. It mounts to the forward a-arm mount and requires cutting the front spoiler (it may fit under a stock valance). FYI Dave

THanks for that. I've been looking for one of those smile.gif
tumamilhem
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jan 27 2013, 04:47 PM) *

The factory tow eye was only for the rear bumper Tuma.

I'm also referring to the row eye round that is under the front of the car to tow the car from the front.

Still looking for both, though I found the one for the front on eBay for $10. May get that one. Will need to remove part of the underside from it if I get that one.
tumamilhem
Still looking :/
tumamilhem
icon_bump.gif
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Jan 26 2013, 12:01 PM) *

Looking for good condition front tow eye and rear bumper tow eye. Prefer rear tow eye to still have gold cadium plating, but not mandatory.

Bruce Stone should have what your looking for
Gint
I understand why you might one to make the car complete. I get it. But, you do realize that the rear factory tow hook is absolutely worthless for actually "towing" the car? Just sayin...
Luke M
If you're still looking for the tow ring, I just found one in my box of parts.
Give me a few mins and I'll post a picture of it. It's not concourse but usable.

Luke
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Luke M @ Feb 10 2013, 12:24 PM) *

Give me a few mins and I'll post a picture of it. It's not concourse but usable.

Luke

As already said, the front tow eye is welded to the floor of the trunk.
A harvested one on ebay for $10 sounds great. If it is still round and not rusted just remove the remnants of the floor, sand blast and walla !
what more do you need ?
If you want NOS I have it , but why ?
Luke M
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Feb 10 2013, 02:58 PM) *

Luke

A harvested one on ebay for $10 sounds great. If it is still round and not rusted just remove the remnants of the floor, sand blast and walla !
what more do you need ?

Hey Rory,

How's things?
I would never have my car towed with the factory tow ring but some guys want one to complete a tool kit. The tow ring that I have is for the rear of the car only ( I'm sure most of us here know this). I'm going with two rings at the rear control arms and two more at the front a-arm mounts. I hope to never need them but makes for nice tie downs for transporting to and from the track.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Luke M @ Feb 10 2013, 02:32 PM) *

Luke

what more do you need ?

Hey Rory,

How's things?
I would never have my car towed with the factory tow ring but some guys want one to complete a tool kit. The tow ring that I have is for the rear of the car only ( I'm sure most of us here know this). I'm going with two rings at the rear control arms and two more at the front a-arm mounts. I hope to never need them but makes for nice tie downs for transporting to and from the track.

Hey Luke
I'm doing OK
Progress on your car is at crawl. I've collected a lot of parts and did some fabrication for the gearshift and oil cooler. The 915 transaxle provides some interesting and complicated choices.
As I've probably told you a few times the left rear flare is installed and all of the flares have been ground both inside and out. I've also trimmed and butt welded the lower fender flanges where they meet the flares. I want them to look like they were factory done. You cut the lower fenders just the right way to make a smooth transition possible.
I cleaned the area above the transaxle. The floor of the front trunk is the last part of the body that needs to be scraped and de-greased. No big deal.
How did your surgery go ? I hope your recovery is speedy and complete.
I'll try to send you updates as I make progress.
If you come down this way please give me a call. I'd like it if you could come
visit.
tumamilhem
QUOTE(Gint @ Feb 10 2013, 11:26 AM) *

I understand why you might one to make the car complete. I get it. But, you do realize that the rear factory tow hook is absolutely worthless for actually "towing" the car? Just sayin...

Why is it worthless? If so, what should I use in its place that fits the same threads?
Gint
I mean, that one bolt (no matter what you screw in there) is not really sufficient to "tow" the car with. I wouldn't even use it to pull the car up on a flatbed.
Luke M
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Feb 10 2013, 06:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Luke M @ Feb 10 2013, 02:32 PM) *

Luke

what more do you need ?

Hey Rory,

How's things?

Hey Luke
I'm doing OK
Progress on your car is at crawl. I've collected a lot of parts and did some fabrication for the gearshift and oil cooler. The 915 transaxle provides some interesting and complicated choices.
As I've probably told you a few times the left rear flare is installed and all of the flares have been ground both inside and out. I've also trimmed and butt welded the lower fender flanges where they meet the flares. I want them to look like they were factory done. You cut the lower fenders just the right way to make a smooth transition possible.
I cleaned the area above the transaxle. The floor of the front trunk is the last part of the body that needs to be scraped and de-greased. No big deal.
How did your surgery go ? I hope your recovery is speedy and complete.
I'll try to send you updates as I make progress.
If you come down this way please give me a call. I'd like it if you could come
visit.

Hi Rory,

I'll be in your area in the next few weeks. I'll be in NYC for a day then going to stay in Bayonne for a couple of days. I'll let you know if I head down to Paramus.
I'd like to stop by and visit/check out the car. I'll see if your neighbor Nick is around too. I'll bring the beer beerchug.gif beer3.gif

Like Gint said I wouldn't tow with the tow ring but instead look into other means.
There's some places that offer a tow/hold down ring that mounts to the lower rear shock bolt & front susp. That's the route that I'm going to take. If you want to buy the tow ring that I have to complete a tool kit that's fine but I wouldn't trust it to hold/pull/tow a 1900 + lbs car.

Luke
Luke M
Here's some pics of what I pm ed you about.

Ecklers/automotion sells them.
tod914
Any interference issues with the stock valance while using those hooks? When ever I had to have a car towed onto a flat bed using that factory pan hook, I kept my fingers crossed lol. Can't get myself to trust that thing.
tumamilhem
QUOTE(tod914 @ Feb 11 2013, 01:16 PM) *

Any interference issues with the stock valance while using those hooks? When ever I had to have a car towed onto a flat bed using that factory pan hook, I kept my fingers crossed lol. Can't get myself to trust that thing.

Yeah, I concur. And I have the front spoiler also.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.